[15] The fallen hero

You two had finally made it to the marked place on the map and let out a deep breath, bending over resting your hands on your knees.

Dainsleif looked over at you and laughed quietly to himself. He walked over and placed a hand on your shoulder, "guess we can take a break here."

"What do you mean guess, we definitely are taking a break now."

He put his hands up in defense chuckling before he walked over to find a spot to stay at.

The area was nice, you were just outside Bourou Village. Yes, the area marked on the map had lead you to the Sangonomiya island.

Over the few days it took you to get here—Dainsleif told you there was a place to check out here.

There was news out here that a recent outbreak of a sort of sickness within Sangonomiya Resistance. Both reaching a conclusion this could be very well connected to Baal, you had to make a trip.

Snapping out of your thoughts by a splash of fishes you stretched and yawned. Dainsleif was making a fire and the way the fire lit up his face made him look ethereal.

His cerulean eyes lighting up as if they were glowing, a plus was that it was night time too and made him just simply glow.

"Hi." You quietly walked up to sit down across from him, looking him over the fire.

He looked up and his eyes soften up.

"Hey. You ready for bed?" To which you nodded. You looked to your left to see a couple blankets bundled up together and made your way over.

You took off your shoes and placed them aside near you. You leaned back and fully splayed over the blankets, getting yourself cozy for slumber.

It didn't take long for you to fall asleep and when you did Dainsleif was already watching over you. He was close to falling asleep but he eventually fell asleep.

__

The next morning you were woken up by the sound of something moving next to you. You blinked to see who or what, seeing just the blonde moving on his side to sleep some more.

The sun was peeking out through the tree leaves, casting sunlight over him.

You yawned before getting up slowly and quietly to not wake him up, making your way down a little slope to get to the water to feel refreshed.

The walk back to him was quick so you leaned over him, gently shaking him to wake up. He did after a few more shakes and groaned—turning to his side faced away from you.

He wasn't a morning person.

And you weren't either but you had things to do and to get done today. "C'mon wake up old man."

At that, he slowly blinked open his eyes staring at the scenery in front of him. Dainsleif stayed still unmoving until he decided he would get up, stretching and ignoring you to go wash up.

By the time he got back you already had everything packed and ready, sitting on a big boulder just waiting for him—swinging your legs.

He pats your back motioning behind him with his thumb that he was ready and to head to the village. It was a about a couple minutes to get there and when you did someone came up to you.

The man had long brown hair just about reaching the top of his shoulders, a gentle smile on his face. "Hello there! You're y/n and Dainsleif right?" You both nodded.

"We're here to inspect some things related to a certain case over at Inazuma." Dainsleif had his arms crossed, although he seemed rather intimidating for the man he was a polite person.

"Ah yes, we're glad to help the best we can to gather up information. Come with me." He motioned with his hand, walking away and heading towards a bridge.

The place was certainly one of the most beautiful places here in all around.

With crossing the bridge and having a little sightseeing for yourself, you made it to what seemed to be Sangonomiya Kokomi's place.

It was really breathtaking.

The man led you over but before he did, he exclaimed. "Ah! Before I completely forget my name is Teppei! I'll be over here," he pointed at near a pillar, "Kokomi should be here soon but come get me afterwards." He said with a smile and left.

You waited for the priestess to arrive and in the meantime, you and Dainsleif went to take a walk around before getting a glimpse of the girl.

"Kokomi!" You yelled to get her attention, jogging up to her and seeing Gorou along with her.

She turns around and gives a smile, "You must be y/n, it's a lovely to meet you." Dainsleif comes up behind you and stood by.

Kokomi looks to the man next to you and giving him a smile to which he did not return back, simply just staring back. She clears her throat, "so, I know why you're here and yes, lately it's been getting worse."

Her gradient pink and indigo eyes stare off to the ground, a frown appears on her face. "A few of our people have been getting sick by something we don't know the cause of yet. Their appearances have been making them much older than they are..."

Gorou, her right hand man, placed a comforting hand on her shoulder. He knows it's been rough for her to see something like this happen to her people, her clan—he whispered in her ear only to see her nod.

"If you'd like, we can show you what she means by that." You nodded and Gorou gave a gentle squeeze to Kokomi's shoulder, she said her goodbyes as to she needs to get back to work.

It took an hour to gather very little but useful information but Gorou wanted to show around.

"How long have your people been like this?" Dainsleif spoke up after seeing a few people on the floor, holding their stomachs as they looked very ill and looked rather drained.

"About a week or so. It happened very quickly, we suspect it's the Fatui and the probability that Baal is behind it is likely to be high."

The three of you walked around until you went back to where you first arrived to get here. The tiny village houses had a few people out carrying the sick men.

Gorou's fluffy ears twitched, along with yours as you hear a man groan in pain.

Jogging up to the man you noticed it was Teppei, but you just saw him not too long ago? Whatever this was, was spreading quick and getting to the people very fast. This was bad. Very bad.

Teppei was coughing and leaning against a house around the back. Your worried eyes scanned his appearance as to see him so different in a matter of an hour.

You kneeled down beside him to check his pulse and it was slightly faint. You shared a knowing look with the man with the right hand man, shaking your head.

Gorou checked around him seeing his vision looked rather different. He took a closer look to see it was a delusion. It was enveloped in purple mist, quickly yanking it off, staring at it.

"This thing.. it's been draining them. So it was from the Fatui-"

"I've seen that before. I-I saw Thoma with one holding it one time. I just don't remember when."

The question was if Teppei here was changed to looking older, how come Thoma looked the same? Could there be something suppressing it for him?

__

what you guys think about genshins anniversary shenanigans? 🤨