Chapter 35 - Reader: A dialogue option triggered a bloodbath.

Start bij het begin

“Stupid Enoch!” Honey stamped her foot. “It’s your fault that my beloved is angry!”

Eric ran toward Bart, who was flung aside by Old John, and picked up the brawny man: “Bart, are you okay?”

“Eric,” Bart’s voice is very dry. “Let’s get out of here. That person is … a Sword Saint.”

Enoch heard Bart’s words and stared at Old John in amazement.

The difference between the rankings in “Mixed Blood” is very brutal. The higher the rank, the greater the difference.

For the warrior class with the same equipment, 10 Swordsmen are needed to fight a Grand Swordsman. 20 Grand Swordsmen are needed to fight a Sword Master, 50 Sword Masters are needed to fight a Grand Sword Master, and 100 Grand Sword Masters are needed to fight a single Sword Saint. As for a War God, that is on the same level as a nuclear weapon.

The only thing that can break this law is when the protagonist is fighting. Of course, the ability to leapfrog over others who are higher in rank has always been the prerogative of the protagonist.

The strength and potential of the gold mercenary team is indeed very strong, but they are still not enough to face a Sword Saint.

“You can’t leave.” Old John smiled kindly: “I have to satisfy the wishes of the little master.”

Eric finally gave up and pulled out his weapon, a shimmering long sword that seemed to be made of light. Even at this time, the blond young man was still a gentleman and said: “I offended you.”

The light elements attached themselves to Eric’s body, blessing him. He approached Old John cautiously. Bart recovered his great sword and joined the attack.

Enoch looked at the three people who are entangled with each other then at Xiu and Du Ze. He whispered to Honey: “I will go kill the gnome, so – ouch!”

Enoch held his aching leg while Honey ruthlessly glared at him, though she never stopped her chanting.

Old John and Eric’s swords clashed. Old John kicked Eric’s helmet and armor. The blond youth was flung to the edge of the plaza and hit a wall. Then, displaying great agility and flexibility, Old John avoided Bart’s great sword, bent his body, and wrapped his legs around Bart’s neck and threw him on a wall. After all this, Old John breathed gently and did not chase the others to the edge of the plaza. Instead, he but looked at Honey.

“It’s not good to play with fire, child.”

Honey did not answer and she chanted the spell faster. The fire elements gathered together, forming an eight-meter-long Dragon in the air.

“… Dragon Fire!”

Honey directed the huge fire Dragon to attack Old John. Suddenly, the sky was filled with a bird’s cry and the Fire Phoenix flew to the Dragon. Compared to the eight-meter-long Dragon, the Phoenix looked tiny;.i It was only the size of the Dragon’s paw. However, the red bird with its small claws seized the Dragon’s backbone and then forcibly fanned its wings, flying up.

The Dragon was just made of fire elements, but the enemy was a real Fire Phoenix. Honey stared, her eyes wide with amazement: “Fire, Fire Phoenix?!”

In this world, the Fire Phoenix is a god beast and the king of fire. The dragon made of fire elements was being absorbed by the Fire Phoenix whose feathers became covered with a layer of bright red gold. It tweeted then fanned its wings down. The fire elements it had collected flowed down from the feathers and straight towards Honey.

Bart was furious and his voice cracked as he said: “Young mistress-”

“Boom!!!”

The air became hazy as many papers were turned to ash in an instant. A figure awkwardly ran out of the smoke and ash. It was Enoch, carrying Honey.