Chapter 43 - Reader: Wine can warm you up.

Based on the information they got from Anne about the task, Du Ze and Xiu spent some money on a teleportation spell to the client’s location – a small town in the land of extreme cold.

After using the magical transmission matrix, some silly, cute person was almost frozen solid. A minute ago they were in the warm and humid south, then a minute later they were in the frozen north. There was a clothing store right next to the transportation array, perfect for mercenaries and people like Du Ze who had not prepared proper clothing. Du Ze and Xiu entered the store. After a while, two people came out. Xiu was wearing a blue and white coat while Du Ze was all wrapped up like a fur ball but was still shivering.

It’s cold! QAQ

Du Ze’s unfashionable fur hood wriggled as a small Phoenix popped out, its black eyes looking around curiously at this white world. In front of the town, everywhere one looked was covered with snow.

Xiu looked at the silly, cute, shivering bundle of fur and stretched out his right hand to hold Du Ze’s left hand. At first, the touch made Du Ze shiver even more since Xiu’s hand was unexpectedly colder than his, but soon their hands were covered with a layer of green light. Du Ze feel a warm current from Xiu’s palm that was transmitted into and diffused all over his body.

Xiu pulled on Du Ze’s hand and began walking to their destination. Du Ze stared at their joined hands and remembered a sentence that he once read.

– His hand is cold, because no one spoiled him.

Like a needle stabbing him in the heart, Du Ze feel a sting. If Xiu knew that he is the culprit…

Xiu stopped. Du Ze ran into him because some silly, cute person had not noticed that they had reached Eddie and Rose’s cabin. Xiu, standing in the snow and ice, stared at the cabin with an unnameable emotion in his eyes. When he walked up to the door and knocked on it, his green eyes were cold, as though all of his feelings had precipitated and condensed into bitterly cold ice.

“Knock knock.”

The wooden door soon opened and a young man with gray-blue eyes emerged. He saw Xiu and gaped at him for a moment. Du Ze looked at gray-haired youth who had grown up with Xiu and noticed that his face was very haggard. In “Mixed Blood,” Eddie wasn’t described much. The novel just said that he followed Xiu around like his shadow. Ironically, when Eddie stepped out of Xiu’s shadow, instead of defending his best friend, he only spoke out to denounce Xiu.

This is what made Du Ze extremely angry. Princess Kelly, that b**ch, didn’t know Xiu that well while Daniel and Urlika only knew Xiu from the Magic School. But the cute protagonist, Eddie, and Rose were together from the time when they were kids. How can they not know what kind of person Xiu is?! Evil, your sister! Would you d*e if you said a word to defend the Moe Lord? If the majority of Xiu’s allies hadn’t agreed, the Temple of Light wouldn’t have been so determined to see Xiu as evil. Princess Kelly sent Xiu to the edge of the cliff, but it was Eddie et al who pushed him down and thus doomed him beyond redemption.

So in the original “Mixed Blood” novel, when the blackened Xiu returned, all the scum people fell. Xiu took the ice crystal grass task, and Eddie did not recognize Xiu’s elf form. Together they went to the snow-capped mountains, fought the monster that was guarding the ice crystal grass, and were going to pick the grass when an avalanche came. After the avalanche, Xiu found Eddie hanging from the edge of an ice cliff …

All the readers hid their faces in their hands: The protagonist double-crossed the good sc*m friend.

So Du Ze’s mood is particularly complex. He doesn’t want to see Xiu let the sc*m fall down but if they do not take this task, even if Xiu never shows it, inside his heart he will never forget. Eddie and Rose are like a thorn in Xiu’s heart. If it’s not pulled out, the wound will fester.