Chapter 63 - Author: The Twilight of the Gods.

The rune of light loosened its encirclement and started dissolving into a sea of light. Soth looked at the results of his work with satisfaction. Though it had taken a lot of effort, he was finally able to unlock the seal.

As the rune dissipated, the giant bat-like wings moved a little before suddenly spreading open and shattering the remnants of the rune. The first demon god slowly opened his eyes, which were nearly black but tinged with a deep purple color and blazing with anger. Meeting the gaze of those eyes made a person feel short of breath, speechless, and overcome with dread.

“A god of the human race?” Bael’s voice was heavy and rumbling like thunder. “Where’s Bright?”

Bright is the real name of the god of light. Only the first demon god dares to call the name of the god of light. Soth lifted the long wooden rod, the top of the crystal projected an image of the god of light fighting the war god and the demon gods. The projection was then enlarged to include Xiu and Soth said to Bael: “The god of light is fighting your offspring.”

Bael stared at the image of Xiu who looked very familiar.2 His eyes were very troubled. Then he turned to Soth and said: “You released me because you want me to defeat the god of light?”

Soth was secretly startled, the demon god Bael is too smart. He was able to ascertain Soth’s intention from just the few words he had spoken. He could not fathom the demon’s mind from looking at the expression on the demon god’s face. Soth nodded and flattered the demon god: “I think you are the one who is best suited to be the head of the gods.”

Bael looked meaningfully at Soth and stepped out from the sea of light elements.

“Your wish, I have received it. I will find Bright because he and I have unfinished business,” Bael said.

Soth’s smile did not have time to change before it was stained with blood. He looked down to see that Bael’s hand had pierced his chest. Bael pulled the godhead from his body. Looking at at the face of the confused god who was unwilling to die, he sighed: “I will grant your wish. For this task, I need your godhead.”

Those were the last words that Soth ever heard.

The first demon god glanced at the dead Soth then fanned his wings and left the place. A black hole appeared and devoured the corpse of the human god before vanishing, content.

***

“Clang-”

The war god gasped and retracted his weapon, avoiding the god of light’s attack. He could not count the number of times he hacked at the god of light’s body, but whenever the attack hit the god of light, even when his whole body was destroyed the god of light was reborn in the next moment, unscarred.

The most powerful ability of the angels is not the destructive power of their attack but their healing and rebirth.

The damage the gods were doing to the god of light’s body was much less than the speed of his regeneration. The god of light sneered before once again using his divine technique. His attacks weren’t many, but by virtue of his rebirth power and the ball of light attack, he was still able to consume the demon god Phenex even though he was being besieged by the gods.

The dawn’s light illuminated the figure of the god of light who looked down at the tired gods with both pity and resentment: “Don’t ever think of killing me!”