Vhapter 45 - Reader: Selling out teammates

"Do you know the Starlight troupe? It's the most famous acting troupe in the Chaos Continent. They are now looking for an actor to be their leading man. I think you are very suitable - you are very good-looking. If you are willing to play the lead role, the payment is very good. Will you consider it?"

Enoch didn't wilt under Xiu's ice-cold gaze. The thief's temperament had always been impulsive, and he was the type of person who easily warms up to strangers. When he first caught a glimpse of the silver-haired elf, Enoch was convinced that no creature could be more like Cecil than the elf - Cecil, who was the most beautiful person in the world.

So Enoch left his companion and rushed off right away to accost the elf. Now Enoch was feeling a bit depressed. It's true that his request was a abrupt, but isn't the elf's cold face giving off a murderous feeling?

A feeling that danger was near...

The short-haired thief subconsciously tensed his body and his professional instincts made him start to look for an escape route. As his eyes swept his surroundings, he saw Du Ze. Enoch stopped and stared at Du Ze. His attention had been attracted by the silver-haired elf and he hadn't noticed that he had a companion, and that companion is -

"It's you?!" Enoch pointed at Du Ze and shouted: "Where were you taken to? Eric has been looking for you!"

Eh, the rival is looking for this young man?!

Du Ze did not have much time to think before Xiu acted. With a new grudge added to the old one, Xiu swiftly moved to Enoch. The speed of an Archer Saint is not something Enoch can match. Xiu grabbed the surprised thief's face, then paused. His head jerked up just in time to see Enoch jumping on a roof while carrying Du Ze. The Enoch beside Xiu began to flicker before disappearing. It was only an illusion that Enoch produced when he carried off Du Ze.

Du Ze knows about this trick. It's Enoch's special skill: shadow shifting. This skill uses light and shadow to create an image to attract the attention of the enemy. It's one of the skills that Thief King Jack created. Well, that's not the point. The point is ... how did this innocent bystander get involved in the action again?

Slung over Enoch's shoulder as he ran, Du Ze began to struggle but he was stopped by a word from Enoch.

"Hey? Don't move, I don't want to knock you out."

The bitter reader asked gloomily: "Why did you grab me?"

"So you are not mute. Your voice is good. You don't like to speak?" Even while they were escaping, Enoch was still quite talkative: "I don't know why but Eric seems very concerned about you, so when I saw you I wanted to help but ..."

Youth, you are seeking the rhythm of death!

Du Ze can't help but make a sad expression. Before the Moe Lord confessed to him he thought that many things had a very philosophical reason behind them, such as why Xiu was angry in the Gnome Ruins, or why Xiu didn't like the cute Ariel. Now some silly, cute person knows the truth and his tears are about to fall. Moe Lord, to ignore all of the younger sisters' and brothers' plot for the sake of an unworthy cannon fodder, is it really alright?

... But why is the rival looking for this young man?

Enoch used the various terrain to speed himself up. Xiu has not caught up with them and Du Ze suddenly realized that this was a very good opportunity.

"Where is my book?"

"What book ... Oh, you mean the book with two people on the cover?" Enoch's voice was filled with curiosity: "What's in that book? Eric looked inside and was shocked. That was the first time I saw Eric look so panicked."