Chapter 31: Hot Summer Nights

Start from the beginning

"Hey, I love this song too!" I screamed, "Woohoo! Faster, Mav!"

"Absolutely, sweetheart."

(GUYS TOP GUN MAVERICK GOT DELAYED AGAIN NOW ITS COMING OUT ON NOVEMBER 19 AROUND MY BIRTHDAY WHAT AM I GOING TO DO AHHHHHH!!!!!!)
(*takes deep breaths* holy cow I'm so sorry about that let's continue on now tho. I guess I can now invite all of my friends to the movie theater to see Top Gun Maverick on my birthday... hehe ;))
(Seriously Paramount if you delay it again I'm going to file a lawsuit against u)
(Present me: This note didn't age well lol)
(Seriously tho I AM going to sue Paramount)
(Does anyone want 2 support me when I sue them? No? Okay.)

Maverick started driving his motorcycle even faster. My hair was flying now, and I felt like my ponytail was about to come undone. Holding onto Maverick, I began singing the song blasting on the radio.

"In the time before the twilight
Settles on the world
Woah
You can feel the magic..."

"Yes! Keep it up, sweetheart!" Maverick exclaimed. "How about I show you some real sh-t on this buddy?"

"What do you mean 'real sh-t'?" I asked.

"Look what I can do!"

I watched as Maverick only sped up faster. We were heading right towards a hill. A steep hill. One that didn't look like one to speed over....

"Pete! Don't tell me, are you—"

"Yes! Hold on tight!"

Oh no. Maverick was going to do a trick off that hill....

I instead tried to calm my nerves down by continuing to sing.

"Dreaming of someone to hold tight
One more lonely girl
Woah
Dances in her attic..."

"I bet you're the lonely girl dancing in the attic!" Maverick blurted as we got closer towards the hill.

"I guess I am!" I said. "But I'm not now because I'm with you!"

Maverick didn't say anything else. As we got closer and closer towards the hill, I continued singing.

"Everywhere across the land
In front of their mirrors with combs in their hands
They prepare
To make a stand
Lover to lover, woman to man..."

"Here we go!" Maverick shouted cheerfully. I grabbed onto Maverick's waist tighter, terror seeping into my limbs.

But the fear I felt was more like thrill. Because deep inside, I knew that I would do anything Maverick said. I would jump from an airplane, ski down Mount Everest...

As long as Maverick was with me.

The song was perfectly timed. Right when we jumped the hill, the beat dropped. I got lifted from my seat (and so did Pete) and I screamed. At least I was holding onto Pete. As we flew in the air, we stared at each other. I smiled at him, and Maverick just blushed.

Suddenly, the motorcycle landed on the road safely, with a big thud! I laughed. My heart was beating like a drum in my chest, but I felt happier than ever.

"See? I told you I can do real sh-t on this buddy!" Maverick said with a smirk.

"That was epic!" I said.

"I can do it again, if you want!"

"Umm, no thanks. I don't want to lose my dinner..."

"Ehh, I'll take that as an 'okay, maybe not'."