Chapter 31: Hot Summer Nights

Start from the beginning

Maybe Maverick and I weren't going to end up together in the future after all.

"No way! Madison, look!"

I suddenly heard Maverick's angelic voice call my name. I opened my eyes and looked at him, wondering what was happening.

"What?"

"Look! Up there!"

Maverick pointed to a jet in the sky. It looked like it was heading towards us. I was anxious for a minute, but then I realized the jet wasn't going to hit us. It was just landing.

"Woah..." I whispered to myself.

"Watch this! It's gonna get really close to us, but it won't hit us."

I stared at the Navy jet that kept descending down towards the runway. As it got closer, I could hear its engine roaring. Eventually, it got so close that my hair began to flow in its wake and my ears began to hurt like mad. The jet flew right above us as it landed on the runway, and I gasped once it landed and moved away from us.

"Wow!" I exclaimed, "That was awesome!"

"Told ya you have to wait for the excitement!" Maverick said back, a smile creeping onto his lips.

"Let's keep watching planes!" I said excitedly, not wanting this moment to end.

"Actually, I was going to take you somewhere else."

"Oh, that's fine! Maybe we can do that again some other time!"

"Absolutely, sweetheart."

Maverick revved up the engine on his motorcycle and then got off to help me get on behind him. He pulled me up by the hips and set me on the back of the cycle, so that my legs are dangling off.

"I can get on myself," I said with a smile. His hands are still on my hips, and my stomach is filling with butterflies.

"Mhm," Maverick said as he leaned closer. We were so close that I could feel his breath hot against my face. He leans in the final inch and kisses me softly. Then, he gets back on the motorcycle and begins to drive.

"I figured I'd show that to my girlfriend," Maverick said as we continued speeding down the road. "You are into aviation, right?"

"Absolutely!" I replied, my lips still tingling from our kiss. "I've been into aviation since I was a baby!"

"When was the first time you flew on a plane?" Maverick asked.

"When I was nine months old."
(That's actually true tho ;/)
(AND I WAS JUST FINE EVEN THOUGH IT WAS THE FIRST TIME I FLEW IN A PLANE HOW)

"Wow! I didn't fly on a plane until I was like, five! Lucky you!"

"My dad was an airline pilot, and your dad was a fighter pilot! Explain that!"

"Well, you got a point!"

Maverick and I continued to speed down the road, but soon, I got bored. We weren't really driving anywhere; we were just driving in a straight line by the ocean. I was holding onto Pete for dear life, and nothing was happening.

I then had an idea. Does Pete have a radio station on his motorcycle? If he does, maybe we can spice things up a bit....

"Hey, Maverick! Can you turn your radio up a bit?!" I yelled.

"Sure, darling!" Maverick screamed back. He turned some kind of notch on his motorcycle's control panel, and the music started playing.

"Hey! I love this song!" Maverick suddenly exclaimed. He turned the volume up a bit louder. By listening to the first few notes of the song, I realized the song was Hot Summer Nights by Miami Sound Machine (Great song btw but it's really catchy lol). I remember that song. I heard it the night I met Maverick.