The Eyes and Ears

So there they were, a strange threesome walking the halls. Nobody was bothering them, but a lot of people were staring, and  it was making them rather uncomfortable. So uncomfortable that no one spoke, ensuing an even more uncomfortable sort of silence. This was the scene that Dash interrupted by running right into them on his ripstick. Well, almost running into them. He narrowly avoided hitting Alex due to his skills and her reflexes. He whirled around to face them. "Leo, Jordi, wanna tell me who this fine woman is that is seemingly willingly walking beside you in these bright yet hallowed halls?"

        The boys smiled, and  introduced Alex. "Dash, this is Alex. Alex, this is Dash. Alex here is currently dying of brain cancer, And Dash here is the eyes and ears of this place. He knows whats going on, all the time.," Leo said, skillfuly introducing the two.

        "So, Dash, wanna tell me why you were trying to endanger my already shortened life?" Alex asked, cooly.

        "Yo, realx. It's not like I was actually goin' to hit you," Dash replied.

        "Sure, the only reason you didn't was becasue of my incredible reflexes."

        "Woah, humble."

        "I try."

        "I'm sure you do,"

        "Can I try it?" Alex asked, gesturing towards the ripstick.

        "Sure, but it's pretty tricky. Leo tried it once, and it cost the poor guy his leg," Dash joked, and got the girl to crack a smile. She picked it up, and placed it in front of a long hallway.

        "You might not want to do it there, Alex. Look at those people," Jordi said, pointing at the hallway. She threw him a mischievious smile over her shoulder.

        "Exactly."

        She took off down the hallway, riding the ripstick like she'd been doing it for years. All the people in the hallway jumped out of the way and yelled as she skillfully terrorized the inhabitants of the hallway. She jumped off the board, raised both fists in the air wih a bright smile on her face, and whooped.

        Everyone just stared, and then Dash started clapping. Leo just continued to stare, and Jordi started smiling, looking at Alex with a bit of respect.

        "Dash, it's time for your next oxygen treatment," Nurse Jackson called, her voice full of authority.

        "Aww, man..." Dash groaned.

        "Move it. Now," She said, pushing him down the hall.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

        Jordi, Leo, and Alex walked into their room, exhausted. Both boys dropped onto their respective beds. Alex sat in a chair, and faced out the window. After a long silence, Alex spoke.