The Cheerleader

"Oh no. Not you two again. Keep you and your anti-cheerleaderness out of my room," came the voice of the blonde standing across the room the threesome had just entered.

        Leo smiled, and said, "We just wanted to formally invite you to our party tonight."

        "Hah. Yeah, right. Where are you going to have an actually good party? This is a hospital."

        "We were thinking the roof," Leo replied.

       Kara stopped and thought about it. She had nothing better to do. She knew it, they knew it, she knew they knew it. "Fine. whatever, I'll come to your stupid party."

        "Wait, who's this girl?" Kara said, gesturing towards Alex. "Is she one of your guys' sisters? Or girlfriend?" she added skeptically when she noticed the girl's age and beauty.

        "Actually, no. I'm a patient here. And I wouldn't want to be either of those guys' girlfriend seeing as they'll outlive me."

        Kara said,  "Well somebody's a downer." "You can keep her," she added, talking to the boys.

        "Well, I don't see you flanked by two guys. And since I am, I must be at least some fun. What are you even in here for? Did your stupid choices finally catch up with you?" Alex said back, cooly.

        Kara narrowed her eyes at the girl. "Who do you think you are coming into my room, preaching to me about making good choices. What, did that stupid Nurse send you guys in here?"

        "Actually, these boys were just showing me around while inviting people to their party. But I figured somebody had to tell you the real reason you're in here."

        "I'm in here because my stupid heart is malfunctioning!" Kara said loudly.

        Alex nodded, and on her way out of the room said, "And why do you think that is?" 

        Kara stood, astonished, watching Alex walk down the hall.