26 | winter formal pt. 2

You tell Johnny to get back to the dance while you go and clean up in the bathroom.

Looking in the mirror, you're completely flushed. Your lipstick is smothered, and your hair is tousled. You dab some water on your face; careful not to run your mascara.

You realise you can't stop smiling. You just want to get back out there into Johnny's arms. You never want to be apart from him. And you've heard people talking about 'the one', and you've always thought it was stupid.

But everytime he looks at you, you understand the things Phil Collins sings about on his records. And you realise that 'that one love' is standing right in front of you.

You put on some lipstick on your smiling lips. You look so stupid. You're so fucking in love with this boy. You want to hurry back to him.

You almost sprint back out into the hallway, but you bump into someone. «I'm so sorr—» you start, but you look up and see Joshua standing in front of you. «Oh,» you groan as you step back. «It's you.» Joshua smirks at you. «You look good,» he says and whistles at you.

«Don't talk to me,» you spit at him. «Come on,» Joshua says, and puts himself in your way. «Why won't you talk to me?»

You glare at him. «Are you seriously asking me that?» You scoff. «Don't be like this,» Joshua says in a pout. «Can't we go to the bathroom and have some fun?»

Your jaw drops at his audacity. «Go to hell.» Joshua grabs your wrist violently. «Let go of me, you ass—!» «Listen here you little bitch,» Joshua interrupts. «I didn't do anything to you, and you're walking around and spreading lies about me.»

You scoff at him. «You're the liar here, Joshua.» He shakes his head. «Oh, I'm the liar, now?» He says tauntingly. «I took you out and was nothing but kind to you, but you just lead me on.»

You bite your lip. You can feel Joshua's grip tighten around your wrist. «Fine, maybe I did lead you on, but it doesn't change anything. I'd never sleep with you.»

Joshua's eyes turn to thin slits. «Yeah, cause you're too busy slutting it up with Lawrence.» You glare at him. «He's my boyfriend you piece of shit,» you spit at him.

«And that's not the reason I wouldn't fuck you. I just simply wouldn't. You know, I feel bad for you that you have to lie about sex because no one will sleep with you.»

Joshua's face darkens and he clenches his jaw. «You're a fucking slut—» Joshua doesn't manage to finish his sentence before he is slammed into the lockers.

«What the fuck did you call her?» Comes from Johnny, who just appeared out of nowhere. He doesn't give Joshua time to answer before he buries his fist in his face.

«You touch her, and I swear—» «What?» Joshua says as he puts a hand to his bloody nose. «You gonna kick my ass, Lawrence? Go ahead, I'll have you expelled.»

Johnny looks around the deserted hallway. «I don't see anyone who could make that happen.» Then he plunges at Joshua; who looks like his life just flashed before his eyes.

The sound of their bodies hitting the floor fills the empty hallway, and you notice some people sticking their heads out of the gym to see what the fuss is about.

«Johnny, stop,» you say warningly. What if Joshua actually can get him expelled? Johnny gets up and slams Joshua against the locker. He raises his fist again. «Johnny, he's not worth the trouble!» You shout.