18 | fight for you

You're relieved when Monday eventually comes around. Then you have an excuse to leave the house. Your father has been guarding you like a dog all weekend.

«When is he leaving?» You ask your mother whilst eating breakfast. Your mother scoffs. «Oh, lighten up, y/n. He's here because he cares about you.»

You shake your head. «He's trying to control me,» you correct her. Your mother sighs and puts a hand to her face. «Don't you have school?»

You get up from the breakfast table. «I do,» you say in a stretch. «Can I take the car?» Your father walks into the kitchen. «I need the car, sweetheart,» he says. You glare at him. «Fine, I'll sit on the back of Johnny's motorcycle, then.»

Your father sucks his teeth. «Don't worry,» he says as he puts on his coat. «I'll drive you.» You don't even try to hold in your groan. «Fine

You grab your stuff, and walk out to the car. You keep an eye on Johnny's front door; hoping he walks out so you can see him. But he never does. He has probably left already.

«Y/n, I wish you'd talk to me,» your father says in a sigh. «About what, dad?» You say sharply. «How you're refusing me to see my boyfriend?»

He shakes his head. «How am I supposed to react when he brings you home drunk?» He says, like he had no other choice. «I told you it wasn't his fault,» you spit. «I can make my own choices, you know?»

Your father sighs deeply, but he doesn't reply. You don't speak for the rest of the drive, and when he pulls up at school, you leave without saying goodbye.

You know deep down he's trying to protect you, but it just isn't right. He's never here, and then he suddenly shows up and calls all the shots?

As you walk into school, you see Ali and Daniel walking down the hall. You run to catch up to them. «Hey,» you say; testing the waters with Daniel. You don't want it to be awkward between you.

«Hey,» Daniel replies with a smile. A genuine smile, thank God. «Hey, y/n, are you going to the country club on Thursday?» Ali asks. You stop and think for a moment. «Thursday? What's Thursday?»

«Thanksgiving,» Daniel cuts in. Oh, right. «Probably,» you reply. You bet your mother wouldn't miss out on a night at the country club.

«I'm going too,» Daniel says with a grin. You raise your eyebrows. «I invited him and his mom,» Ali smiles as she intertwines her hand in Daniel's.

Wow. Ali really likes him, doesn't she? You're sure Mrs. LaRusso's ecstatic about going to the country club. It makes you happy thinking about it. «That's great,» you say.

The bell rings, and the hallway slowly empties. «What class have you got?» Daniel asks, as you start moving. «French,» you say in a groan.

«Me too,» Ali says with a smile. Her and Daniel quickly kiss goodbye, before he walks off. You must be making a face, because Ali looks at you as if you've said something horrible.

«Sorry,» you say sheepishly. «Still not used to that.» Ali chuckles as you walk into the classroom, where you find Barbara and Susan sitting in the back.

«There she is,» Barbara says in a grin as she sees you. «Here I am?» You say nervously as you sit down. «I don't know what you were drinking on Friday, but I need a taste of it,» Susan says.