25 | winter formal

The day of the winter formal finally comes around. Johnny told you he'd pick you up and drive you both there, so he'll be here any minute.

You've put on your new dress, and stolen a pair of your mother's black high heels. You run downstairs just in time for the doorbell to ring. «I got it!» You tell your mother as you rush to open the door.

Your mother is right behind you when the door swings open, and you see Johnny standing there in a black smoking and with a corsage of white flowers his hand.

«Wow, you look—» Johnny glances at your mother, then back at you, «—beautiful. You look beautiful.» You smile at him and pull him into a hug. «The things I'd say if your mom wasn't here,» he whispers. You blush violently as you pull out.

«Here,» Johnny says, and places the corsage on your left wrist. «It's gorgeous,» you say as you study the flowers on your hand. «Like you,» Johnny beams and kisses the top of your hand.

«You look very handsome too, Johnny,» your mother shoots in. «I second that,» you say in a smirk. «I'm flattered, Mrs. Y/l/n,» Johnny says in a grin. «Oh let me get a picture!» Your mother says ecstatically as she runs to grab her camera.

«Oh,» you say quietly. «No, I think we're running kind of late and—» «Come on, babe,» Johnny whispers as he hugs you from behind. «I want to remember this when we're old and senile.» He leaves a kiss to the side of your neck.

You turn around and wrap your arms around his neck. «You want to grow old with me?» You beam at him. «Are you kidding? I wanna see if you're still hot.» You step back and smack him on the shoulder. «Way to ruin the moment,» you snap.

«Oh, come here,» he says and pulls you into a kiss. A hot shiver spreads from your head all the way down to your toes. «I love you,» he says as he pulls out. «I love you too,» you reply with a grin.

«Okay!» Your mother shoots in. You almost forgot she was there. You spin around, and Johnny puts his hands around your waist. «Smile!» Your mother exclaims as she puts the camera up to her face.

Johnny hugs you a little tighter as the picture is taken. You throw your head back; leaning against his shoulder. He looks down at you; his eyes glistening like the diamonds on the chandelier above his head.

Johnny kisses your forehead before you look back at your mother. «I've got it!» She says excitedly. «Now, you kids go have fun! And don't get home too late.» She gives you a tight hug. «Of course,» you say as you put on your coat. «Bye!»

The door slams shut behind you, and Johnny leads you down to his car. «Ready to have some fun?» He asks as you get in. You kiss him on the cheek. «Yes.»

* * *

When you arrive inside the gym, you find it's been decorated with fake snow and giant snowflakes cut out of paper. You spot Ali and the girls across the room standing by the stage.

«Come find me later, I'm gonna go catch up with the girls,» you tell Johnny and leave a kiss on his cheek before you walk over to the stage.

You finally get to see how Ali looks in the dress she bought with you, and it's perfect for her. «Ali, that dress looks gorgeous on you!» You exclaim as you join them. «Oh, what about you!» Ali says and scans you from head to toe. «You look stunning!»

You glance at Barbara and Susan. Barbara is wearing a pink, layered dress with puffy sleeves, and Susan is wearing a slick, red dress. «Oh, you guys look amazing!» You say.  «Thank you,» they say in unison.