She glanced at Hatori's back and wondered what he was thinking in this moment.

Her body suddenly moved on its own. Her hand reached up and grabbed the material of his white button-up. This made him glance behind him and saw nervous she was getting. He slowed down his pace and walked beside her instead. For some reason, this made her anxiety decrease a little.

Sawa's steps ceased as she stopped in front of a paper door.

"Akito-sama, I have brought them." Sawa called.

She slid the door open and gestured for them to enter. Hatori entered first and with a deep breath in, Ichika followed. The door slid closed behind them as Ichika took in the interior of the room.

It still looks the same, she thought.

She glanced to another figure in the corner of the room, who sat on his legs and rested his arms on his lap, and she immediately recognised who it was.

Kureno Sohma, the bearer of the Rooster Spirit.

His eyes were casted down and looked at nothing but the floor. He was always beside Akito.

Speaking Akito, he casually laid on his side in his usual red robe that fell off one of his shoulders. His back faced her but his presence itself was suffocating.

Ichika sat formally on her legs as Hatori did the same not too far behind her and waited.

Some time had passed and all was silent. Ichika could feel her legs growing numb and the sensation of pins and needles could be felt in her foot.

"I only remember asking for Ichika. Why have you come along as well, Hatori?" Akito finally said, still not turning back to even spare them a glance.

"She's my responsibility," Hatori simply stated.

Akito tsked. "Yea, whatever. You said that last time when you pathetically begged for her to be moved to Shigure's house."

Ichika's eyes widened and her fists tightened. Hatori had done that for her?

"Do you know why I called you here, Ichika?"

Ichika licked her lips.

"N-No.." She replied.

Then, a deafening silence. Akito lazily pushed himself up from the floor and turned around. He slowly walked towards her and Hatori tightened the grip on his dress pants, trying to remain his composure.

Chills ran through her spine as he stopped right in front of her. He was eerily calm as he fixed his attire.

"Your parents want you home." He said, his lips curving up into a smile but his eyes said otherwise. "You should really come home, Ichika. You're burdening everyone."

Her heart dropped. Was she really burdening everyone?

"Akito—" She heard Hatori protest, only to be cut off.

"I'm telling you this for your own good, Ichika. That stupid Tohru b*tch is going to ruin you just like she has already with Yuki and the others. You'll gain nothing from staying at Shigure's house with her." Sneered Akito, before bending down to Ichika's level and drawing his face near her. "You believe me don't you, Ichika? I'm just trying to keep you safe, so just come home."

The crazed look in Akito's eyes scared her. But what scared her more was how he horridly he described Tohru. And from what she's seen so far, Tohru was actually the complete opposite. She had never met a soul that was as gentle as hers.

"Tohru.. isn't.." Ichika mumbled quietly.

"Huh?" Akito sounded, raising one of his eyebrows.

She swallowed thickly and bravely repeated herself. "T-Tohru isn't like that. I saw for myself how positive and kind she actually is. She's nothing like how you would describe her."

The God's eyes widened. Then he suddenly pulled his head back and laughed loudly, though there was nothing joyful about his laughter.

Soon his laugh died down and all that was left was a heavy silence once again. Ichika watched as the corner of his mouth twitched and soon he gritted his teeth.

All of a sudden he grabbed a vase close to him and threw it at her. It knock on the side of her head and broke open, cutting her skin open. Blood dripped down from the side of her forehead and covered her eye with a red vision.

"Akito!" Hatori yelled.

Ichika heard the sound of hurried footsteps coming towards them.

She caught a glimpse of Kureno who had a lock hold on Akito's arms. Keeping him from thrashing everywhere.

"Akito, please stop!" Kureno exclaimed.

"This is why I hate you! You just so badly want to get on my nerves, don't you?!" Akito yelled furiously. "You talk about that b*tch as if you know everything about her already! You don't actually believe she likes you, do you?! You're kidding yourself, no one does! Once she finds out who truly are, she'll turn around and abandon you! The same reason your parents did the same to you!"

Ichika couldn't help but stare wide-eyed at Akito in fear as she fell back into Hatori's arms. He quickly inspected over her new wound with concern and placed a handkerchief over the cut to stop the bleeding.

"Nobody will love you! Nobody will love a monster like you! You're not even human!" Akito continued.

In the midst of the uproar, Hatori attempted to speak to her, but all she could hear was the sound of a ringing bell. She was frozen in her spot as Akito's words repeated in her head a million times over.

A drop of a tear fell down her ashen cheeks.

Will nobody love a monster like her...?