"Em?" He must have thought his question about Kane triggered something because he seemed to forget the conversation. "Calm down." He passed a plastic cup filled with water next to me. My hands tremble as I take a sip of it.

"I'm never calm."

"I can see that. Why are you so uptight all the time?"

"Because if I calm down, I'll be dead. It's how Gotham works, its how life works."

Jason couldn't argue with that. He was a street kid, he must have known better than anyone that I was right. "makes sense..." He spoke slowly, so I knew there was more to his statement."-but that is why we have those hospital things you don't like." He paused for a moment to put the empty cup on the table. His blue eyes had a kind look on them as they gazed down at me. "Why is that?"

"It's obvious doctors don't know what the fuck they're doing. Plus all the doctors I've known in my life have cracked under the pressure and become insane. Not to mention hospitals are crowded in Gotham. Anyone can get to you, hook you up to drugs or even make a stupid mistake. How many doctors do you think cheat and lie to get through med school for the salary purposes?What about Harley Quinn, Scarecrow, Strange? Everyone knows they were all certified to be doctors , all of them. You think I would want that laughing clown to operate on me now? She'd carve my face up before saving a life- " I cover my mouth, trying to hold it close. For some reason I couldn't shut myself up or stop rambling about any topic he would ask me. Truth, that's what was coming out of my mouth. It made sense now why Gordon would give me such a drug. I was in no dream, but a real life nightmare. I had no control of the situation. "This isn't a dream, is it?" Jason began to chuckle as he shook his head no. I panic inside, something I couldn't even hide because of this drug. What if he asks questions about me, my dad.

"Something wrong?" He smirked, watching my reaction.

"Yes" I meant to say no. Just my mouth wasn't listening to my brain.

"Why is that exactly." He spoke in a teasing tone, Jason knew why alright.

"Cause I can't filter what I want to say, I can't-"

"Lie?"

"Yes, lie."

"Is that a major issue for you?"

"What are you my doctor, of course it is a major issue for me." My face turned bright red, embarrassed.

He sat down across from me. Jason was amused by my reaction, "Do you mind if I ask you some questions?"

"Yes." I shuffle back in the bed, leaning against the headboard. Everything seemed really dazey still. I look down holding my head.

"How do you feel?"

"A little hungover-ish. Everything seems in a daze. My heart beat is still abnormal but overall I'm fine."

"So you'd be fine with me asking a few questions." He smirked slyly.

"Physically it won't harm me, mentally it's not something I'm ready for but if you do try it, I'll kick your ass the moment I'm able to move." My face feels really hot as I spoke, as I avert his eye contact. Did I just say I was mentally unstable? Great, just great. Not like this day could get any worse.

"Seems like a simple price for some fun, ready question girl?"

Change that, it got worse. How many questions would it take until the truth about me comes out. "No." My arms feel numb and heavy as I attempt to cross my arms. A part of me was still shocked Gordon's drugs worked, he was no scientist. The other part of me was glad Jason found me, under the drugs. He may look dangerous, but he owes me one. I'll just use this as an even out on favors. A life for a life.