Chapter 12- Tidal wave

Start from the beginning

"Well you'd be with us on the bus" I said trying to further convince her, while also trying not to make her feel pressured to answer,

"'A BUS! Since when do y'all have a bus!?" She yelled looking at me with wide eyes, I giggled.

"We were able to get one for the tour," I said with pride, it was something we had been working toward for a while.

"I'm so proud of you" she said embracing me once again in a hug, "but can I wait until tomorrow to give you a definite answer?" I of course wanted an answer now but didn't want her to feel backed into a corner.

"Of course you can babe. Now lets get some food I'm starving."

I pulled into the driveway after dinner to see the guys waiting for me in the garage.

"Since when are you late to practice." Danny said as I hurried over to the garage and picked up my guitar, tuning it.

"Sorry I had an important date, I had to ask Sloan if she wanted to come on tour with me." I said, everyone stopped and looked at me, my eyes darted to each one of them trying to gauge their emotions.

"You did what." Sam said glaring at me

"You can't just do that Jake," Josh said annoyed as he put his mic down and stepped forward

"Whats the big deal?" I said angry at how they were reacting

"The big deal is you didn't even ask us!" Sam said raising his voice and putting his bass down, coming towards me.

"She's one of your best friends why wouldn't you want her to come!?" I yelled back at Sam getting in his face.

"Lets all just take a step back." Danny said pushing us apart, he was always the peacekeeper.

We all sat in silence for a while just trying to calm down. I didn't understand the issue at all. I thought of everyone Sam would be the one to back me up. The silence finally broke,

"Listen, I don't see a problem with her coming as long as everyone can agree on it." Danny said motioning to Sam and Josh. Sam and Josh looked at each other for a moment.

"Sloan is great and she can cook. I vote yes" Josh said shrugging his shoulders. I nodded at him in a way to say thanks, and then I looked to Sam. Sam looked at me with a blank stare.

"I just don't know if I want a girl traveling with us on the bus." He said shaking his head. I knew that was a lie. Before me and Sloan got together they used to share Sam's bed. What was his deal?

"Oh come on Sam, thats your best excuse." I blurted out

"Can I just have a day to think about it!" He said annoyed,

"I think thats fair," Danny said looking back and forth between us.

"Fine. Shes giving me and answer tomorrow so I expect yours before then." I said sternly looking at Sam.

The next day I returned home from running errands to see Sloan's car in the driveway. My heart started to beat faster knowing that she had come to give me an answer and I didn't have one from Sam on if she could even come. He had been avoiding me all day. I walked in the door to see Sloan and Sam hugging, his face pressed against her neck. The hug lasting longer and longer. I saw Sam's hand lightly rubbing her back as they continued hugging. I felt myself start to get angry as my mind filled with jealousy, and then it clicked. The reason Sam had been so angry, avoiding me and Sloan for months, why he didn't want her on tour. He was jealous. But they had been friends for years, maybe I was just over reacting.