Chapter Six

I still laid there on the floor trying to use all my might to sit up. It was very, but I realized that nothing such as getting beat is as painful as having your child taken away from you.

I sat up on the floor and just looked around ; my life was fucked up. My daughter has been kidnapped and my ex/fiance is in a coma. I picked up the phone and called Kyree but I got no answer then I called a couple more times and I still got no answer so I called the police.

"911 whats your emergency?", a woman asked.

"I would like to report a kidnapping.", I said.

"We will send a deputy over soon.", she said.

I hung up the phone and decided to just wait on the police to come, but then I had a thought, I was suppose to go see Quincy today. I jumped up and ran into the bathroom. I looked in the mirror and almost passed out when I saw my face. My eye was swollen and I had cuts on my face. I pulled up my shirt and saw that my belly was purple. I slumped over on the counter and cried and thought about all the shit Quincy put me through and is still putting through even though he is in a coma.

I opened the medicine cabinet and got some aspirin and took some. I washed my face and put cream on it. Then I changed cloths and decided to put on sweat pants and a loose shirt because anything that rubbed against my stomach or even squeezed a bit felt like hell and then the doorbell rang.

I looked out the window and saw a police car parked outside. I ran to the front door and opened and there standing was a fine cop. He was tall and light skin, he had muscles that were so big they made the shirt tight. His dreads looked fresh and his smile was even fresher.

"Hello I got a call reporting a kidnapping.", he said.

"Yes please come in", I said, leading him to the living room.

"Who was kidnapped?", he asked.

"My daughter.", I said.

"How old is she and when was she taken?", he asked.

"She's almost two years old and she got taken about a few hours ago.", I said.

"Can you tell me everything that happened?", he asked.

"My ex/fiances friend took her", I said. I know I should have told him more about what Kyree did, but I didn't want things getting any worse for me. If Kyree would have went to jail because of me snitching, he would have killed me.

"Is that all?", he asked.

"Yes", I said.

"You sure?", he asked, "From all the bruises and cuts on your face it looks like you have been beat."

"His friend got some guys to jump me", I said.

"Would you like to press charges?", he asked.

"NO", I said loudly.

"Well okay then", he said awkwardly, "Do you have a picture of her?"

I handed the policeman a picture of Bria from when she was at her first birthday party.

"She's cute.", he said.

"Thank You", I said.

"She looks just like you.", he said, "Well we will keep you informed if we hear anything but she's not exactly missing yet because it hasn't been 24 hours."

"Thank you officer", I said and I led him outside. After I made sure he was gone I jumped in the car and headed to Dr. Kristina's house.

***

When I got to Dr. Kristinas house I ran up to door and knocked. "Hey Lelani", she said, "Are you okay?"

"I got jumped but other than that I'm fine", I said, "I'm here to see Quincy."

"Oh great come in", I followed her to to her basement.

"So you run your own hospital out of your home?", I asked.

"Something like that.", she said, "He's right behind here.", she said pointing to a curtain.

She pulled back the curtain and I saw Quincy laying there hooked up to a bunch of machines. "Oh my god.", I said, putting my hands over my face.

"Its not as bad as it looks", she said.

I stared at Quincy and couldn't believe that it was actually him. He looked like he has lost weight and he had scares everywhere but nothing beat that huge afro. "All this hair.", I said.

"That's two years worth of hair.", she said, "Would you like it cut?"

"No I kinda like it", I said while running my hands through it.

"Ill leave you two alone then", she said and walked out.

I sat in a chair next to the bed and thought about what to say. I actually had a lot to talk about, but I didn't know how to say I just started saying stuff. "You know you missed a lot of the past two years. I had a little girl named Bria, we have a daughter. She would be here but that guy you called your best friend kidnapped her this morning. You know I got asked to take over the gang, but I haven't done it because I wanted get your permission first."

"I'm sorry to interrupt but a someone is here to visit you.", Dr. Kristina said.

"Who is it?", I asked.

"Someone named Don.", she said.

"Send him down", I said. I sat in the chair and waited for Don to come. I put my hand on Quincy's hand and felt his soft skin. I missed those hands touching and rubbing me.

"Whats up?", Don asked.

"I don't know", I said, "You the one that came here for me."

"I came to see if you thought about what I asked you.", he said.

I sighed. "No."

"No you wont do it or no you haven't thought about it?", he asked.

"I haven't quite thought about it, I have to Quincy's opinion.", I said, "Can you leave us alone for a second?"

"Sure", he said and walked away.

"Quincy I'm afraid, I'm afraid I might lose everything if I do this. I don't know if I'm strong enough.", I said while holding his hand, "If you think I should do this give me a sign."

I almost passed out when Quincy squeezed my hand. "DR. KRISTINA COME QUICK!", I yelled.

Dr. Kristina and Don came running into the room. "What wrong?", she asked.

"Quincy is squeezing my hand look.", I said while pointing.

"Oh my", she said then she pulled out a small light and shined it into Quincy's eyes. "Quincy if you can hear me move your fingers."

Quincy moved his fingers a little bit. "Good job now if you can...make a noise.", she said.

Quincy laid there and didn't make a sound. "Well he is making some type of progress.", she said.

"So I guess he approves.", Don said, "Are you in?"

"I'm in", I said.

_____________________

So do y'all think that policeman was flirting with her? Like, Comment, Fan!!!!!