Chapter 19

I sat in the seat and with my hand over my mouth. I couldnt believe Tamara had just died on me. I didnt even care about the people that were chasing us. They still were shooting at the truck but i aint care about that either.

"Lelani.", Quincy said.

My eyes started to water then the tears started rolling down. "Lelani, i know your upset but we have to keep going.", He said.

"Tamara is dead.", i said.

"And we will be too if you dont drive.", he said, "Come on. We still have to get Bria. Im sure its what Tamara would have wanted."

I wiped my tears and moved Tamaras body to the passenger seat and put the seat belt on her. "What are you doing?, Quincy asked, "Just drive."

I stomped on the gas and speeded down the freeway. The trucks were still following behind and shooting at us but i managed to switch lanes between cars to dodge them. The cars around spun around and smoked as gun shots hit them. I slammed on the breaks as one exploded in front of us, temporarily blinding me and making me drive so slow.

"SPEED UP.", Quincy yelled.

"I cant see.". i said.

A bullet shot through the back window to the windshield making the glass shatter and cut my arms and hands. I slammed on the breaks again as cars stopped in front of me and Tamara woke up and started coughing up blood.

"Tamara!", i said excitedly.

"Dont get excited, im not going to make it.", she said while looking down at the blood pouring out of her shirt.

"Dont say that. Im taking you to the hospital.", i said then i started speeding down the freeway.

"If i die, will you take care of Miley for me?", she asked.

Even though Gia tried to kill me, i wanted to make sure i took Miley in because Tamara had become my best friend. "Yes. I will take care of her."

Tamara started coughing up more blood and gasped for air. "Get some where......safe im not....going to make it...", she said between gasps.

"No. I'm taking you to the hospital. We are almost there.", i said.

"You cant go to the hospital they might call the police.", Quincy said.

"I dont care.", i said.

"You should. I aint going to jail.", he said.

"Quincy will you shut up?", i asked him.

"Im tryna tell your ass before we both get locked up.", he said.

"Im trying to think of a plan damn", i said.

"Sssssssss", Tamara said as she held on to her wound and slouched over in pain.

"Hold on Tamara we are almost there.", i said then i started driving even faster.

"Well?", Quincy asked.

"Well what?", i asked.

"Whats the plan?", he asked.

"Idk", i said.

"Well how about we just drop her ass off on the front steps and drive off.", he said.

"Quincy i cant do that to her.", i said.

"Do what you got to do, dont worry about me.", Tamara said,

"I have to worry about you. You worried about me.", i said.

"You have a little girl to get back. I barely have anything, Mileys not even my real daughter.", she said.

"So what?", i asked, "As far as she knows, your her real mom and she needs you."

"I....", she couldnt finished because she began coughing up more blood.

I rubbed her on the back as we pulled up to the hospital. I stopped in front and began to get out. "No dont get out. I got it.", Tamara said.

"Are you sure?", i asked.

"Yes, ill be fine.", she said then she put her hand mines, "Remember if i dont make it take care of Miley for me."

She got out of the car and nurses rushed to her and took her inside. I drove off feeling nauseous, i didnt know what the next move was.

"Where are we going?", Quincy asked.

"I dont know.", i said, "You dont have anymore hide outs?"

"Shit i do but they out of state.", he said.

"Fuck.", i said in frustration, "Im not leaving town until i know if Tamaras going to be ok."

"Well you want to do?", he asked.

"Looks like a hotel.", i said.

"Hotel?", Quincy said with shock.

"Something wrong with that?", i asked.

"Quincy dont stay in no damn hotels.", he said.

"Why not?", i asked.

"What highly paid drug dealer you know stay in a hotel?", he asked.

"None.....", i said on the sly.

"Excuse me?", he asked.

"Look Quincy, can you get down off your high horse for five minutes? Damn. Im trying to find us a place to stay and your ass is being picky.", i said.

"Look when your ass has been a coma for two years you would want to get back to living that same boss life you was before.", he said.

"The boss life is what got you in a coma.", i said, "Can you just try to live a normal life for one night?"

"Hell nawl, im trying to get back in the game and if your ass aint with you can bounce.", he said in anger...........

Reaching For The Trigger 2जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें