Chapter 22

I ran back to the car and got in. I burried my face in my hands and cried.

"Hes gone isn't he?", Tamara asked.

"Yes.", i said.

"Well then.", she said.

"Well what?", i asked.

"Lets go find him.", she said then she stomped on the gas and sped off.

"I dont think it going to be that easy.", i said.

"Why not?", she asked.

"Think about. Someone had to take him because he cant walk. What if someone was watching us? What if someone took him and killed him?"

"Stop thinking the worst.", Tamara interrupted, "We are going to find him."

"I think im going to pass out.", i overexaggerated.

"Everything thing is going to be ok. We are going to go to my place, get some cloths, and go find him."

"I havent felt this since...you know.", i was talking about the explosion but didnt want to talk say because talkin about gave me chills.

"Just calm down.", she said.

I took deep breaths and looked out the window. I was afraid that something bad had happened but deep inside there was this sense of comfort telling me he was ok.

-------

We arrived at Tamaras crib and walked into the big front entrance where i saw the little girl and her dad. "Hey Bria, you see that little girl over there?"

Bria nodded in assurance that she saw the little girl. I held Brias hand and walked up to the little girl and her dad. "Hey im Lelani and this is my daughter Bria. Whats your name?"

"My name is Cara.", she swept her blond hair out of her face and stared at me with her ocean blue eyes.

"Do you think your dad would like if yall played together sometime?"

The little patted her dad and whispered in his ear then he nodded up and down. "He says yes."

"Lelani come on.", Tamara said from across the lobby.

"We have to go now. See you later Cara." Cara and Bria exchanged waves and smiles as we walked away.

We got on the elevator and went up. "Be careful who you talk to in this building.", Tamara said.

"Why?", i asked.

"Just be careful."

The elevator opened and we got off. "Home sweet home.", Tamara said and fell over on the couch.

"Ill take the girls in the room while yall get ready.", Tiffany said.

"Can you stop playing?, i asked Tamara.

"I need rest.", she said then a pillow over her face.

"Fine ill go ready myself.", i said the walked ran down the hallway. I ran into someone and screamed im sorry.

"You okay.", a deep voice said that kinda sounded like Quincys. I couldnt see who it was so i clicked on the light and there was Quincy standing tall.

"Quincy!", i said then i jumped up and wrapped my legs around him. "I was so worried about you."

"Im fine and im sorry for what i said.", he said.

"Its ok. Im just glad your okay.", i said then kissed him.

I got off of him and looked him up and down. "This is a joke right?"

"What is?", he asked.

"You standing with no wheelchair.", i said.

"Oh this it was part of the plan.", he said.

"What plan?", i asked.

"Lets sit down and ill tell you.", he said then he grabbed my hand. I followed him to the bedroom where i once stayed and we sat on the bed.

"Soooo?", i asked.

"So what?", he asked.

"What was the plan?", i asked.

"Ok it all started the day you found me awake upstairs, everytime you left me at home or something i took therapy. And when you came around i pretended i couldnt walk. Yesterday when i told you those mean words that was apart of the plan for you to leave me and set up the surprise for us.", he explained.

"What surprise?", i asked.

"Ill show tonight.", he said with a big grin.

"Momma.", Bria said and jumped in my lap.

"Hey Bria, you know who this is?", i asked.

"Dad.", she said.

"Thats right.", i said.

Quincy picked up, spun her around, and gave her a big kiss.