Chapter 14

Sorry but this chapter is super short because I want the next chapter to be long(im putting the date and the party in the same chapter.)

________________________________

The Next Day.....

I woke and decided to call Kevin to check on him.

"Hello", he said.

"Hey Kevin how is it going?", I asked.

"Its fine but your brother creeped me out lastnight.", he said.

A chill ran through my spine and I sat up on the bed."How?", I asked.

"He kept moaning all night like he was trying to say something.", he said.

"You sure?", I asked.

"Yes and how about I went to sleep and I heard something so I got up to go check on him?", he asked.

"And?", I asked.

"He had turned over.", he said, "He sure does a lot for somebody thats in a coma."

I sat there thinking about the progress that Quincy was making. It seems like he is getting closer and closer back to himself.

"Lelani hello hello", Kevin said, trying to get my attention.

"Oh hey sorry. Im just a little off.", I said.

"I hope you dont be like that tonight.", he said.

"Tonight?", I asked, "Whats going on tonight?"

"Our date.", he said.

"Our date?", I asked.

"Yup you dont remember the deal?", he asked.

"Yes I remember the deal but I just agreed to going on a date with I never said when.", I said.

"Well its tonight so you better be ready.", he said.

"If I dont be ready?", I asked.

"Then I can have you arrested for those murders.", he said.

"Are you fucking serious? You gonna use something like that against me?", I asked.

"Hell yes.", he said.

"What kind of motherfucker are you?", I asked.

"The kind thats trying to help you.", he said.

"You not helping me, your bribeing me to get what you want.", I said.

"Look no. I cant talk about this right now just be ready tonight at seven.", he said.

The phone hung up and I just stared at it. I couldnt believe this nigga. He trying to play me but I aint stupid.

"Whats wrong?", Tamara asked then sat on the bed next to me.

"Kevin.", I said.

"What about Kevin?", she asked.

"Im starting to think about setting him up.", I said.

"For what?", she asked.

"He thinks im stupid. Hes trying to use me. One minute he so sweet then the next minute he goes on cop mode.", I explained.

"Girl this dude is a cop. You shouldve known from the beginning what you were getting yourself into. Im not saying dont set him up but what if you do and it turns out he was setting you up, then you go to jail, Quincy wakes up alone and your daughter never gets found.", she said.

"Ughhhh I dont know what to do. I have the date tonight and we arent done planning the party.", I said.

"You just make sure you look sexy tonight and ill finish this party stuff.", she said.

"What time is it anyways?", I asked.

"3 in the afternoon.", she said.

"I slept all day?", I asked.

"Yup", she said.

"Ok I only have four hours to get ready.", I said, "What am I going to wear?"

"Ohh wait I have the perfect dress.", she said then ran out of the room.

I heard a bunch of booms and rambling for a little while then she ran in with a all lace black dress. "Who wearing that?", I asked.

"You are", she said, holding it out.

"I cant wear that. I am not about to go out looking like some hooker. I am a mom", I said.

"Girl come on. If you wear this, he would never bring up arresting you again.", she said.

"But still I want to look classy not trashy damn. Besides I dont want to sleep with him.", I said.

"Girl if you sleep with him and have proof it happened, you will never see him in uniform again.", she said.

"I dont get it.", I said.

"Look if you fuck him and record, you can take it to the police station and get his ass fired.", she said.

"Oh shit!", I said, "When you start coming up with the bomb ass plans?"

"Girl I have no idea. It just popped up.", she said.

I got up and grabbed the dress out of her hand."Looks like I am going to need this dress after all."