Chap 12

My heart jumped as I saw Quincy. "Quincy", I said.

"What?", Tamara asked, "How did he get here?"

I ran and jumped on the hospital bed and laid my head on his chest. "Im so happy to see you. I thought you were dead.", I said. I waited for a response but then I remembered that he was still in a coma. I moved to the edge of the bed and slumped over.

"Whats wrong?", Tamara asked.

"What if he never wakes up?", I asked.

"Stop thinking like that. He is still making progress.", she said.

"Can you call Dr. Kristina?", I asked, "I still would like to meet with her."

"Sure", she said.

I sat there I watched Tamara make the call and listen to a bunch of mh mhs and uh uhs."Well?", I asked.

"You will meet for lunch in a hour and a half.", she said.

"Today?", I asked.

"Yes. Is that going to be a problem?", I asked.

"Well I was hoping to get some rest", I said.

"Please she seemed happy to hear that you wanted to meet with her.", she said.

"Fine but it may take me longer than a hour and a half to get ready.", I said, then took off the hospital gown.

"Hello", she said.

"What?", I asked.

"Im straight. I dont want to see another girl assets.", she said.

"Whatever we all have the same thing except mine are better.", I said with a big smile.

"Girl hurry up", she said then went downstairs.

I stood over the bed and stared at Quincy. Thoughts ran through my mind about what we would be doing if he saw me standing here naked.

"YOU BETTER BE GETTING READY", Tamara yelled from downstairs.

"SHUTUP I AM", I yelled back then I ran and hopped in the shower. I washed myself really fast because I knew Tamara hated being late. I got out of the shower and put on floral sundress with white sandals then I put my hair in a bun and covered my eyes in white sun glasses. I looked in the mirror and twirled then I ran down the hall, gave Quincy a kiss on the cheek, then met Tamara downstairs.

"Took you long enough", she said.

"Shutup so we can go", I said.

"Ok I will drive", she said. We got in the car and headed for the restuarant.

****

We pulled up at the restuarant and a valet took our car. "I think I will let you two be alone...i will just sit at the bar.", Tamara said.

"Ok", I said. I looked around to see if I saw Dr.Kristina anywhere but there was no sight of her.

"Are you looking for someone?", a waitress asked.

"Im looking for Dr.Kristina.", I said.

"She is out on the balcony.", the waitress said.

I walked out on the balcony where I saw someone sitting with there back to me in a wheelchair. I couldnt tell if they were a man or a woman because they were wearing a hat.

"Excuse me", I said, "Dr. Kristina."

"Lelani is that you?", she asked with her back still facing me.

"Yes its me", I said.

"Well come have a seat.", she said.

I sat down in a chair accross from her and looked at the menu.

"I need to talk to you about something.", she said.

"What is it?", I asked, still looking at my menu.

"I think I know where Bria is", she said.

I looked up and tried to look her in the face but her face was hiddin under the shadow from her hat. "Really?", I asked.

"Yes", she said.

"Where?", I asked.

"Your house.", she said.

"Your lying I was just there.", I said.

"No really. You must look deeply through your house.", she said.

"Your kidding", I said then I started to get up.

"No wait", she said, looking up and showing her face.

I tried to act like I didnt see anything wrong with her face and sat back down. "What?", I asked.

"Its not going to be easy to get her.", she said.

"Why not?", I asked.

"Shes not alone.", she said.

"What do you mean?", I asked.

"Theres hundreds of men waiting for you to find her and when you find her they will kill.", she said.

"Your scaring me", I said.

"Stop leaving Quincy alone.", she said.

I sat there and started crying. "How do you know this?", I asked.

"The day my house was set on fire some men came there and they told me everything. Then they tried to kill me by setting the house on fire.", she said.

"Oh my god", I said then I stared her in the face. I tried to look past the burned skin on her face to her inner feelings.

"Im not suppose to be alive", she said then she took of her hat and showed her balled head that was covered in burns.

"Yes you are.", I said, "If god didnt want you here you wouldnt be here."

"Im not here im dead.", she said.

"Your scaring me", I said.

"Im sorry but its over.", she said then pulled out a pistol.

"No please", I said, "Dont do this I need you, Quincy needs you."

"No he needs you", she said.

"Dr. Kristina please dont do this.", I said. I stood up and tried to grab the gun but before I could, I heard a gun shot and felt blood squirt on me. I stood there with my eyes closed feeling blood run down my body.

"Lelani are you okay?", I heard Tamara ask.

"GET ME OUT OF HERE.", I yelled, still standing there with my eyes closed.

"SOMEONE CALL 911", a man yelled.

"Come on", Tamara said then grabbed my hand and led me through the restuarant.

I kept my eyes closed as I heard people whisper about me.

"Heres the car", Tamara said.

"Im not opening my eyes.", I said.

I heard the car door open and felt myself fall inside the car. "Damn bitch.", I said.

"Shutup", Tamara said then closed the door.

I heard the car crank up. "Hurry I cant get caught by the police.", I said impatiently.

"We going to your house.", she said.

"NO", I yelled.

"Why not?", she asked.

"Im not going without a crew", I said.

_________

S/O To bad_bitchez go read their stories.

Sorry it took so long.