7. Sun After The Storm

It's been a hectic week.

The kidnapping incident has caused widespread panic and concern among the students, parents, and teachers. Everyone started walking home in pairs and groups after that.

The university had to deal with the police and concerned parents, assuring them that such an act will not be tolerated. Some students who were involved with the incident had been expelled, even arrested.

Everyone was worried sick about me. Especially my mom and dad.

"Oh, my sweet baby... You must've been so terrified! Don't you worry, I'll be right here beside you until bedtime!"

"Mom, I'm okay. My professor just suggested I stay home for the time being. I'm not hurt!"

"Not a chance! I'll be here to protect you! I may be 43 years old, but I've won first place in judo competitions for 3 years straight!"

"Yes, mom... You've told me that story forever."

There I was, at home. My mother took her day off today and sat right beside me. She worked for an advertising agency, so she could work anywhere she wanted as long as she has a laptop.

My dad worked as a manager at an office company. He only wears three suits to work every week, comes home in the evening, and is forever full of dad jokes.

~ding dong~

"Mama! Someone's at the gate!" My little brother Ryouta burst into my room and called my mom. "I'll go outside and see!"

"Oh my, who could it be?" She stood up and walked downstairs. "I'll be back, honey. Give me a few minutes!"

I looked at the nightstand. There was a glass of warm water and a jug on a plastic tray. On it was also a small bowl of cut fruit. I picked one up and ate it down.

"Erghhh... That one's salty. Bet it was Ryou who did it..."

Ryouta burst out the door and saw a man wearing a blue jacket. His blue hair was tied into a ponytail.

But his snarl was still on his face.

"Hiya mister! I'm Ryouta and I'm seven years old!" Ryou greeted the stranger and showed him 6 fingers instead of 7.

Souya was taken by shock, but he proceeded to speak.

"Hello... Is there someone named y/n here? I have brought something for her."

"Okay! Should I bring her over?"

"That would be great. Thank you."

Ryouta returned into the house and into the kitchen where my mom was.

"I thought that was a tiny y/n..." He said in his mind.

As the nosy little brother, he started blabbering about the man outside.

"Mom! Mom! Someone's outside looking for Big Sis! He has blue hair and he looks angry!"

"Angry?" My mom asked as she put down her apron on a hook. "What do you mean?"

"Look! Look!"

Ryouta dragged my mom to the door and peeked out the window to see the visitor.

"Oh dear, he does look angry... Did you say he wanted to see your big sister?"

Ryouta nodded aggressively.

"Oh my..."

I was having a hard time separating the normal-tasting fruit from the over-salted one. Just then, my mom came back to me and asked a question.