13. Fiesta! 3

Timeskip until the next day later, we were all prepared for the carnival. We went back to change our clothes and left the younger siblings at home since they were either tired from yesterday or had tuition.

We congregated at the same train station as before, since the beach pier is where the carnival is being held.

Everyone wore light clothing, but Sakura was... Well, Sakura. So she dragged Mitsy along and put on light yukatas. Everyone looked at them and smiled at their cuteness.

"Such a nice pair, those two. I remember the first time I wore a yukata..." An elderly woman spoke to a young girl, possibly her granddaughter, beside her. "If my old noggin serves me right, there's a carnival at the beach, correct?"

Mitsy nodded at her question. He fumbled around with his violet yukata. Sakura, as the group's (second) fashion consultant, chose a pink yukata with yellow embroidery. Souya and I just wore casual clothing.

"I should've worn something else." Souya commented on his white sweater and jeans.

"It's okay, you still look cute!"

"Thanks, y/n."

The train slowed down to a stop and we all got off. We took a cab to the venue, which greeted us with a bright hue of dazzling lights.

"Enjoy your night!" The driver yelled as he drove off.

And so, we went in.

"Do you have your tickets?" The lady at the counter asked.

Sakura produced 4 tickets from her purse, each for us.

"Thank you, and enjoy the carnival!" The lady spoke as she punched our tickets.

"Let's go!"

We went to the first game we saw: catching goldfish. The thing is, Souya had his usual glare on, so the fish kept swimming away from him and into our paper catchers. Souya couldn't even catch a single one.

"It's okay, Souya. I can give some of mine to you..." I had to comfort him as he sulked in a corner.

"Mmm..."

For the next game, we had to toss small plastic rings onto glass bottles. There were also colored bottles that give you a special prize if you got one in.

"Scuse me, mister! Rings for 4 people, please!"

"Comin' right up, missy!"

Each of us got 5 plastic rings. Sakura threw all of them in one toss and only a single ring landed in perfectly. She then paid for another round, but didn't get anything.

Then, it was Mitsuya's turn. He took aim and tossed his rings one by one.

"Wow! You're good, son!" The man working at the ring toss stand congratulated. "You got all 5 in, so you can have a special prize!"

Mitsuya gazed at the top shelf, which sat an assortment of toys and plushies that looked more cooler and prettier than the rest.

As he made his choice, he glanced at Sakura, who was sulking like Souya before.

"C'mon, it's just a game. Lighten up!"

"I know, but... I wanted to impress Mitsy is all..."

"You don't have to."

Sakura turned around and saw Mitsy holding a candy ring. He held up her hand and slid it on her right ring finger.

"They say you can only wear a special ring on your left ring finger once, so forgive me for now." He grinned with closed eyes.

Sakura slowly gave a blushed smile to Mitsuya to see.

We had much excitement in the carnival. Well, it would have been if we all didn't get separated.

"Souya! Sakura! Where are you- Ah, excuse me. Pardon me, coming through!"

I was hesitant and anxious. I remembered that I could use my phone to call them, but I forgot to charge my dying phone before we arrived.

I went around looking for them, but along the way I got hungry. So I went to the nearest food stall to buy something. I spotted a takoyaki stall with some people eating at the tables and seats in front, checked for my purse, and walked over.

"How am I going to find Souya and the others now..." I muttered as I peered over the menu.

"Souya? As in Kawata Souya?"

I looked in front of me. A man who looked to be in his early 20s was standing right behind the takoyaki stall, with a pair of chopsticks in one hand and a small ladle in the other hand.

But what was most memorable about him was his flowing long hair which was dyed a pinkish-purplish color and tied into a messy bun. He wore a baggy shirt, a pair of dark pants, and a bandanna wrapped around his neck.

The person beside him was also intrigued. He also had purple hair, albeit shorter, and a similar bandanna wrapped around his neck too.

"Y-yeah." I answered and pointed at my food of choice on the menu. "Are you a friend of his?"

"You could say we know each other, I guess." He spoke through a plastic mouth cover as he got to work, grilling up steaming takoyaki balls.

"Errr... Have you seen him?"

The man chuckled. He stepped out of the stall with my box of takoyaki and walked to an empty table. We sat down and he presented my food.

"Unfortunately not. It's ironic, you'd think with his striking blue hair you could see him easily. Here you go." The long-haired takoyaki seller placed down my food. "How is he, anyways?"

"Well, he's doing great! Er... What was your name again?"

"Ah, I forgot to introduce myself. Name's Haitani."

"It's nice to meet you, Haitani-san. My name is y/n." You introduced yourself as well. "So how long have you known Souya?"

"Hmm? A first-name basis?" He asked with curious eyes.

"Uh... Well, he has a brother so I thought that calling him by his family name would be confusing, but I don't if I..."

I don't know why, but my mouth yammered on until I realized what I was saying. I apologized to Haitani, but he seemed to be amused.

"So I see... Souya has a special someone now..." He muttered as he breathed. "Well, I've been in some... misunderstandings with him."

"Well... in any case, I should be looking for-"

I was about to finish my sentence when a voice called out.

"Rindou, I need your help here! I can't make these all by myself!"

I turned around. It seemed to come from the takoyaki stall, and the other man stood behind it rolling up takoyaki balls for some girls in yukatas.

"Is he...?"

"Yeah... That's my bro. I was kinda hoping to slack off." Haitani (Rindou) started brushing off his apron. "It seems that my time is up, I'll be off now."

I nodded in reply.

"Oh, and one more thing." He spoke as he started to put on the apron and walk back to the takoyaki stall.

"Watch Souya for me, won't ya darlin'?"

Author's note: sorry for suddenly publishing and unpublishing this chapter, I spotted some major mistakes and had to redraft it. I apologize for any inconvenience caused.