Lilacs & Cherry Blossoms

In the dead of night, a girl with long flowy hair ran out of her house and into the streets, with a burly man yelling at her to come back.

She did not obey and instead distanced herself further from the place she once called home.

"Sakura! Get back here! I'm warning you!"

"Leave me alone!"

Bending around a corner, she slumped back against the wall of a narrow walkway, her breath raggedy and tired.

"Mitsy...?" The girl breathes out a word as a small light shines upon her.

She looks up and her eyes shine through the tears as she sees a boy with lilac-coloured hair.

The boy who usually looked droopy had his eyes wide open. As he shone his flashlight on his girlfriend, he saw more than just a single bruise on her face and arms.

Her wrists had red marks from being grabbed so roughly. A bruise formed beside her left eye from getting hit deliberately.

It almost reminded him of Kazutora.

All of this did not sit well with Mitsuya. If there was anything he loved more than his fashion designer career, it was the ones he called his family and friends.

So, he brought her over to his house, where her sisters, Rin, and I were waiting at. He rang us on the phone but his speech was rushed. All I could hear on the phone were bits and pieces of what he said such as, "she's in trouble" or "help me look after them".

He brought Sakura up to his room, her arm clinging around him like a drowning person to fresh air. Luna followed behind with a small first aid kit in hand.

That very night, his mother had another long night of work to do. It's the usual night at Mitsuya's place.

And yet, on that night, as Rin dabbed antiseptic and compresses on Sakura's wounds, I felt something cold in the living room. Hesitating, I slowly crept down the stairs.

Mitsuya was there, putting on a sort of black uniform, tying a white belt around his pants, and donning a pair of white boots.

I wonder what Sakura would say if she saw her calm and collected boyfriend in a gang uniform. His eyes aren't droopy either.

They look... dark.

"Don't stop me." He spoke before he left, with his boots making loud steps into the night.

I couldn't say anything. I couldn't even move a muscle in my body. Something about him looks sinister.

Like a dark impulse.

"Taka-nii is mad again."

I turned to my side and saw little Mana gripping the hem of my shirt.

"Does your brother get mad a lot?"

Mana shook her head.

"He's always nice and looks tired. But there was one day when he got really mad. I don't know why."

"Best if you know that when you're older," I thought in my head.

"Come on, let's take care of your Sakura-neechan. She's been through a lot." I said as I closed the front door and led Mana upstairs.

Sakura was on Mitsuya's bed, her breathing normal now. Rin covered her with a blanket and packed up the first aid kit.

"I didn't think it'd be this serious. What was she thinking, not calling the police? She's such an idiot..." Rin muttered (like a mother).

"I don't know how she puts up with it, but maybe it'll change tonight?"

"What do you mean? Also, where's Mitsuya?" Rin asked, feeling perplexed.

"Funny you should mention him. He's heading over to Sakura's house now."

Rin's face turned from red to pale, her fight-or-flight hormones fading away.

"Oh no."

Beware the fury of
a quiet man.

- John Dryden