8. A Tattoo

Gunshots flash out.

The afternoon sun starts to set.

A crack of a bullet shrieks through the unfinished construction site of a new office building.

Blood spatters everywhere.

And in the midst of it, two men in striped suits stand alone in a pile of dead bodies.

Former big-shots of large companies and establishments, now laid in a row with a smoking hole in the backs of their heads. Alongside their now-deceased bodyguards.

"If I had to describe these guards, 'cheap' would be the appropriate word." One of the brothers spoke.

The two then leave, holstering their illegally-acquired pistols inside their suit jacket. One adjusts his jacket, while the other gels up a strand of his dyed hair with some saliva.

"What next?"

"Our jobs are done for the day. I say we clock out."

"Alright. I'll call the driver to bring the car around."

"Much appreciated, lil bro."

A black sedan rolls up to the gate of the site, quickly escorting them to their destination.

"Where is Kakucho?"

"He went out with Mochizuku, sir." The driver responded to Ran.

"Hmm."

The car stops at a tall sleek building. There was a congregation of Bonten members at the main entrance, on guard duty.

As soon as the Haitanis step out of their vehicle, everyone bows their heads and shout a greeting.

"Good work today, boss!"

The Haitanis walk indoors with a nod to their subordinates and step into a black elevator. Rindou selects the 40th floor and waits for the elevator to reach its intended floor.

"I think I sprained my neck..." Ran flexes his neck muscles.

"Then put something on it."

"Hmm."

The elevator is filled with quiet jazz, not a word between the two. Then on the 19th floor, the elevator dings and the doors open.

"I know, he's a creep but he's still our client."

"But his hands were greasy and he came on my hair... It's hard to get the smell off it, and I have another appointment later..."

"I'll lend you some deodorant later. Oh, the elevator is here. Excuse me, the 30th-floor plea-"

On the 19th floor were two young women in flashy revealing dresses. And in the elevator were two lady-killer brothers.

I'm no love cupid, but I'm certain this won't end well.

"The 30th floor? But of course, my lovelies~ Come in." Ran cooed to the two girls.

"Th-thanks..." They both entered the elevator without a word spoken.

"And what are you fine ladies doing on an evening like this?"

"We're call girls. Our clients are in the same building, but on different floors. Ah, please excuse my friend if she has a certain... Smell. Our previous client wasn't quite cooperative..."

The other girl bowed subtlely.

"Ah, fret not my dear. It isn't your fault, yes? After all, it is your job so please be at ease." Ran says with a smile.