9. Whiskey

I looked to my left. There was a large stack of reference books on the library table.

I pondered to my right. There Sakura was, sleeping on the table with her forehead rested on her arms. She wore a cute pink jacket that looked comfy with the autumn coldness in the air.

Beside her was a stack of notebooks, crammed to the brink with designs, sketches, doodles, and an occasional chibi Mitsuya- I mean, stick figures.

"Where's Rin when you need her..."

Rin had to return to her grandmother's house for a family matter and it seems that she'll be gone for a few days. At least she's done her work.

Sakura, on the other hand, had burned the midnight oil and finally completed her assignments. But her work was much more mediocre compared to mine, which is leading our team of four to create a design.

Mitsuya is nowhere to be seen, surprisingly. He hasn't even replied to Sakura's or my messages.

"I wish I could drink coffee, but the library banned drinks in here..." I muttered to myself.

At that moment, Sakura and I were at the public library. The library at our university had been closed down for renovations, and I have bad memories of that place.

"I don't wanna be an adult anymore..." I moaned as the tower of books I need to compile and review loomed over me.

"Then do you wanna be my baby?"

I hear a voice speak from behind. And good Lord, I swear this man has the timing right all the time.

"Hello, y/n. We meet again. Have you been well?"

A flurry of blue hair met my eyes and sees an all too familiar face. The man in person had quite the style: a blue vest under a brown cardigan, a small earring, a blue-and-white cap, and round glasses.

And for sure, his snarl lessened to a frown.

"I didn't know you wore glasses?"

"I do when I read. I have slight myopia."

He said he frequents this library over the one near his bar as that place doesn't have many books regarding alcohol and cocktails.

But my God, he looks hot when he's reading.

"Is Sakura okay? She seems tired."

"Yes, she's fine. She stayed up late to finish up her homework. And I still have a lot more to go..."

"You can do it. I believe in you."

And I could have sworn I saw him smile a bit. He shook it off when I asked him, though.

He asked me about our project, and I answered that it's going slow but steady.

"Oh yeah, have you seen Mitsuya? I've been trying to ask him about his part of the project, but he's not answering."

"Ah, he was intoxicated at my bar last night. Then Mitsuya dropped his phone into his cocktail."

And at that very moment, Sakura's body shot up from her slumber.

"Hweh? Mitsy?"

Her eyes were reddish and wipes off the saliva that leaked out of her mouth. She looks around and sees Souya instead.

"Sorry, Sakura. He's not here." Souya apologized.

"Owhhhhh, okayyyyy never mind."

And went back to sleep.

"Anyway... What are you reading?" I asked.

He showed me the book he held in his hands. It was a guide on how to serve drinks and beverages specifically for certain individuals. He had put down a paper bookmark on one part of the book.