Chapter 5-Feelings

Start from the beginning

"Josh! Get off of me," I said annoyed, pushing him back over into his chair, "No more for you," I took his beer. 

"Oh come on, whats your deal today, you're normally the one most excited for camping and you've been in a shit mood all day," Josh said, slurring his words and pointing at me.  

"I'm just tired, why don't we head to bed before you drink yourself into a coma" I said to josh, wrapping his arm over my shoulder and leading him to the tent.  He didn't argue.  So much for talking to Sloan, I thought, maybe we can talk tomorrow.   

"Have fun with that." Sam said, laughing as he watched me struggle to get Josh to the tent 

I put Josh on his sleeping bag and he passed out immediately. I turned him on his side facing away from me, just in case he woke up and puked.  I got inside my sleeping bag and stared at the roof. I tried my best to fall asleep but I couldn't quiet my mind.  

"Sloan are you alive?" I heard Danny yell, obviously drunk, "Oh no I'm gonna puke" 

"EW get away go puke over there!" Sam said, I shook my head and laughed quietly

I heard Sloan come back and have a conversation with Sam, but I couldn't make out what they were saying.   Finally, I heard her say goodnight to the guys.   I waited for a while till things got quiet. I couldn't wait till tomorrow to ask her about the night before. I carefully got up and unzipped my tent trying not to wake josh, he didn't budge.  I peeked my head out to make sure everyone else had gone to sleep.  I made my way to her tent and start to unzip it.  It took everything in me not to laugh when I saw her reaction, I had obviously scared her a bit.  She was holding up a flashlight ready to assault whatever was entering her tent. 

"Jake!" she hissed at me, "What the hell is with you scaring the shit out of me in the woods!" This time I couldn't contain my laugh, I quietly sat down beside her.  I got a little nervous which felt foreign to me, it was just Sloan, I talked to her all the time. 

"I just needed to come ask you something."  

"Oh, ok? what is it?" she said with a perplexed tone and face to match 

I could tell she wasn't expecting me to come talk to her and that she was nervous, she was picking her nails and she always did that when she was nervous. Again, why did I know that. 

"Do you really not remember last night?" I finally asked, looking up at her to see her reaction. Her cheeks got red and she looked down. 

"Jake, of course I remember last night, I just didn't know what to make of it." 

I smiled at her response, I was glad she remembered and had been thinking about me too. 

"What do you mean?" I asked 

She proceeded to explain that I had been wasted and she didn't know if I had kissed her only cause of that, and how since I hadn't talked to her all day, she assumed it was a one-time thing.

"I didn't say anything because you said you didn't remember, and as far as me being wasted, yes it was just a heat of the moment thing at first, but I really haven't been able to get you out of my mind since.  I think I may have feelings for you." I said putting my hand on hers 

She started blushing again, looking at me with curious eyes, like she was trying to decipher my words.  

"Really?" she said shyly 

"Yes really."  I said looking at her.  I wanted to kiss her again so badly.  I reached up tucking hair behind her ear and then I pulled her into a kiss.  It felt like electricity, but was it just because this was new, or was this a feeling that would last.   

"I don't want to rush into whatever this is." She said pulling away. I smiled and thought for a second, she was right, what was this. 

"Well, what do you want this to be?" I asked taking her hand again.   I couldn't seem to keep my hands off her, even just touching her hand made me feel at ease.  

"I don't know Jake, you've barely said 5 words to me since you've been back and now you randomly like me?" she said looking back to the ground.  She wasn't wrong about me quiet, I had just been thinking a lot, she was wrong about the random feelings, but I wasn't going to tell her that. 

"What can I say, I know what I want." I said bluntly. Her face shot up at me in surprise of what I had just said, "So now that you know where I stand," I said standing up and leaning down to kiss her cheek, " You let me know when you decide what you want." I didn't want to make her make a decision now so I left it at that and made my way back to my tent.   I didn't know if I wanted to know her answer, what if she didn't feel the same.