Chapter 3-the party

Zacznij od początku

"Whoa, maybe slow down there," Sam said "You're already pretty wasted" he snatched the bottle away from Jake.

I realized I was pretty drunk from the tequila and all I had drank prior. I stood up, swaying, to go to the house to get a snack, maybe that would help. "Anyone need anything?" I said as I started to walk back to the house, "Yes, a cookie please!" said Sam. I should have known, Sam was always hungry. I walked into the house to be met with someone calling my name, it was familiar but I couldn't place it. I turned around looking to find who it was, it was Hannah.

"Oh hey!" I said, half faking a smile

"Hey! How have you been?  Its been a long time!" She said casually

Why was she talking to me, she had never instigated conversations much before, maybe I was just over thinking it, she had always been friendly, just stand offish when she was with Jake.

"I have been good! graduated today and now I'm here fetching snacks for Sam" I said as we laughed

"What are your plans now that school is done?" She questioned

"Oh, I don't know, I am probably going to get a part time job and also do some traveling." I said

"Oh, traveling can be dangerous by yourself, you have a boyfriend you're taking with you?" she pried

"Uh no? I'm not seeing anyone." I said, "Well I should really get back to Sam with his snacks, it was nice seeing you." I said walking away.

Why the hell was she asking me that.  We had literally never talked about boys ever, understandingly because I'm sure she heard through the grapevine I had feelings for Jake. Maybe she was trying to figure out if something was going on. I scoffed to myself, yeah right, like I even had a chance with Jake.

"Come on, PLEASE" I heard as I made my way back to the bonfire, Josh was standing on the table begging. The group of people had grown a little and they were all looking at Josh, some laughing and some nodding in agreement.

"What is going on here?" I asked Sam as I handed him his snacks and took a couple bites of a cookie.

"Josh wants to play that hide and seek game we used to play in the woods with the flashlight." Sam said

"Josh aren't we a little old for that" I said looking at him.

"Absolutely not!  It's still fun!" Josh yelled grabbing the flashlight and stepping down from the table. "Whos with me?!"

The people who wanted to play all got up and started making their way to the woods behind the Kiszka's house. I stayed on the ground and Danny and Sam looked at each other before picking me up, "If we have to do this so do you!" Danny said, I laughed and complied. I looked ahead to see that Jake was walking with Josh, basically stumbling. "Is this really safe to do while people are so drunk?" I asked. "Sloan, stop worrying so much," Sam Said.

In this game one person tried to find and tag other people with the light of the flashlight, I wasn't going to lie to myself I had loved this game as a kid and playing again now was making me slightly giddy. "Ok Go!" Josh said, and people took off into the woods stumbling and laughing but trying to be quiet, we had about 30 seconds before Josh would come searching with the light. I took off running for a second then started to walk, it was pitch black but my eyes had adjusted as well as they could with the alcohol in my system. I was a little spooked by the darkness but not nearly as much as I'd be if I wasn't drunk. I heard josh yell, "Ok, go time!". I kept walking because he was a ways behind me. I walked, trying to stay quiet, when suddenly someone grabbed me, yanking me to the side and against a big oak tree. I almost screamed, but before I could they had their hand over my mouth, pressing my back against the tree.

"Shhhh" Jake said, "Don't you know you're supposed to be hiding?" he said, removing his hand from my mouth. He was standing very close to me, close enough for me to smell the tequila and cigarette smoke on his breath. "Jesus Jake you scared the shit out of me!" I said angrily as he smiled. Just then we heard someone coming, he quickly put his hand back over my mouth and pressed us against the tree to stay hidden. I looked up at his face with wide eyes, shocked that his body was making so much contact with mine. He looked down, and his eyes met mine as he smiled and held his finger up to shush me again. He moved his hand from over my mouth, taking my chin between his pointer finger and thumb, tilting my head back a little. I sat there in shock my mouth agape, staring up at him, my whole body hot from the sensation of his body pressing against mine. Was this really about to happen? Before I knew it, he was kissing me, like really kissing me. I instinctively moved my hands up his abdomen to his chest, and pulled away for a second. I just looked at him confused as he gave me a devilish smile before kissing me harder, pushing me hard against the tree. He ran his tongue lightly over my bottom lip, I opened my mouth touching my tongue to his. I reached my hands to the back of his neck digging my fingertips into it. He had one hand tangled in my hair and one pressing against my waist, slowly moving it up and under my shirt and to undo my bra. He reached his hand up cupping and  squeezing my right breast. I let out a soft moan. He moved from kissing my mouth to kissing my neck and that tender spot behind my ear, lightly sucking and biting as he kissed. "Jake," I whispered, I could feel him smile as he was kissing me. I could feel him hard against my leg, but just as I started to reach for him, I saw a flash of light. Once again, he threw his hand over my mouth and held his finger up to shush me. I stayed frozen as he stepped out from behind the tree, quickly adjusting himself.  "You caught me" he said throwing his hands up and walking towards Josh. I stood silently and waited for them to leave. He and Josh started walking and once they got far enough away I fixed my bra and started making my way back to the house, a flurry of emotions swirling in my head. What was that, did that just happen. I finally made it back to the house so see my group sitting by the bonfire. I walked directly to the bottle of tequila and started to drink as much as I could before someone stopped me.

"Whoa, Whoa, Whoa!" Said Josh, pulling it away from me, "Whats gotten into you?"

"Nothing," I said "Just been an interesting night to say the least." I looked over to see Jake,   he was rubbing his bottom lip, trying to hide a smile.