CHAPTER FIFTY SIX

Ridwan played and played the video again and again,he couldn't believe his eyes and ears. He slammed the phone down on the table and stormed out of the room.

Raheenah gripped the glass in her hand. Her first thought was to throw it to the floor and smash it,but she knew if she did that,she wouldn't stop until every glass in the house was in shards.

Breathless with anger,she stood up and followed ridwan.

Entering the study room, raheenah's cheeks flushed, and her facial muscles became rigid as she stomped towards him.

she smiled chirpily. Her eyes, though, were lusterless as cast iron, you can surmise she was both angry and profoundly shocked by the "video", but that she felt she had to conceal her true feelings and feign a cheerful indifference.

"Ya ridwan"she called,staring at his eyes which couldn't meet up with hers.

She stretched her hands and held both of his hands tightly and squeezed them.

"I trusted the wrong person"he stated,with a hoarse and cracking voice. "I never really thought she will do something like this"he released his hands from her grip and tilted his head,his chin tucked.

He pressed his hands to his cheeks and sighed. "I'm I dreaming ?,I really hope I am because if all this is real,then it will be the last day Maryam will breath in the world"

"Ya ridwan,what are you saying?"she inched forward. "I agree you trusted the wrong person,but don't do anything without thinking twice. I'm angry too but you didn't see me blurting out things like this"

He whirled around to face her,his eyes flashing angrily. "I'll be back"

He picked up his car keys from the table and walked out of the room. Raheenah followed after him, afraid of where he is going in this state.

"Where are you going to?"she inquired,holding his hand. He shut his eyes slowly and opened them.

"I'm going to meet Maryam"he countered,flashing her a fake smile.

She takes his hand,one corner of her mouth tugging gently upward. "That's not needed ya_"

"_don't try to stop me heenah. Seriously,how do you expect me to leave her alone after all she has done to you. You have no idea how I was coping when you were not there. I felt devastated,I couldn't sleep for days because I was worried that I may lose y_"

She cut him off before he could finish what he was saying. "But I'm right here. I'm right here in front of you ya ridwan,I'm still yours no one will dare to take me away from you"she whispered her eyes gleaming with tears.

The corner of his mouth quirked up and he cupped her face with his hands. "I'm sorry for not listening to you in the first place. If I have listened to you then none of this would've happened. It's all my fault and I'm deeply sorry for that. She isn't the type of girl I thought she was,I guess I was blinded by muhibbah's good nature. Now please don't stop me from what I've to do"

She plastered a smile on her face. "How many do I've to tell not to apologise to me. Bygones are bygones,ya ridwan. Forget abo_"

"What are you saying,ya heenah?"ruhainah questioned coming towards,she had no intention of interrupting the two but she can't let their efforts go to waste.

"How can you say that? After all she did to you,we should forget about everything ? I can't let our efforts go to waste ya heenah,she will have to pay for what she did. Didn't you even hear what she said,she didn't regret a thing she did to you and she won't regret it afterwards. She isn't to be spared. And you shouldn't forget what she has been doing to you in this house,the threats and the insults are you also going to let her go,she wanted to take y_"raheenah cut her off.