CHAPTER FORTY NINE

She reached for her phone immediately it started ringing. Taking a look at the caller. It was mufida's Nigerian phone number. She tapped on the accept button and place the phone against her ear.

"Hey Ruhainah I'm at the airport come and pick me up"she stated and hung up the phone.

"Who was that?"Aryan questioned who was seated next to her on the couch.

She bit her lower lip. Even is she lie to him, everyone is going to know sooner or later that mufida is in Nigeria.

"Customer service"she lied and he nodded briefly. She quickly excused herself and went aside. She dialed laiba's number.

"Meet me outside"she whispered even though no one was there,she was being cautious.

A minute later,laiba came out and rushed to mufida.

"What happened?"she questioned,a little breathlessly.

"Mufida called me up,she is in Abuja"she replied,and laiba was already freaking out. She paced back and forth,licking her index finger.

"I thought she didn't mean it,but it seems like she was serious about it. Everyone is going to find out that we told her about ya heenah's condition when we were clearly told not to"

"Let's get going"mufida dragged laiba to her car and they drove off to the airport.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

She tapped her feet impatiently and sighed. The scorching hot sun fanning her. She wiped off the tears and tried to focus and not to break down in front of thousands of people.

She can be an emotional freak sometimes and she hates it because she can't control herself.

The sound of her name being heard made her raise her head up to look at the person, immediately she raised her head up the rays of the sun blinded her temporarily,she had to use her hand to protect her eyes from the sun.

"Ruhainah"she gasped and ran to her,wrapping her arms around her as the tears came back again.

Laiba patted her on her back and said. "It's okay,mufida please stop crying"

They broke out of the hug,both in tears. No words were exchanged as they walked towards the car and zoomed off.

The drive was filled with awkward silence,they were all stuck in their own thoughts.

"She woke up last night,she is completely out of danger now"laiba stated breaking the long awkward silence.

"Alhamdulillah. I'm so happy,I can't wait to meet her. And I'm so so sorry for the way I snapped out on you guys,please forgive me"

A smile crept it way to ruhainah's lips,she relaxed a bit and turned to mufida. "It's okay,we understand"she turned back to the road and added. "We should get ready for our punishment"

"Stop reminding me about it,please"laiba stated feigning annoyance.

"Punishment? For what exactly?"mufida questioned,arching her brows at the both of them, quizzically.