CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE

"Do you think is okay for maryam to stay here?"she asked him and he just shrugged. She became super worried after what maryam told her yesterday, she is still trying to convince ridwan to not let her stay here, maybe in some hotel or the BQ, but not in her house.

"What's the problem of her staying here ? Just let me be heenah I'm working here"

Raheenah took a stern look at him, hissed disapprovingly, and sat down. "If you don't have a problem with her staying here, then I've a problem"

"What problem do you have?"he asked, shocked at her attitude.

She didn't want to tell him why she have a problem with Maryam staying with them, he will surely think she is a jealous head, which is not true.

"I just don't want her to stay here"she whispered unsure if her answer is reasonable enough for ridwan to understand her point of view. "You made the decision alone, you didn't even ask me about it, you went ahead and agreed to it, do you know how I felt, I felt left out, I'm your wife but it doesn't seem like it, and I'm not happy about the decision you made, Maryam can't stay here"

"I don't think I care about how you felt, maryam is staying here and if you don't want her to stay here you can leave"raheenah was on her feet, her hands firmly on her hips as if she would challenge ridwan to a fierce wrestling contest.

"Maryam is like a sister to me, I made her mother a promise that I will take care of maryam whilst she is away"

Raheenah stared at him, without batting an eyelid, he continued.

"I've already made my decision and it's final no one is going to make me change it, not even you. Maryam is staying here in this house and she is not leaving until her mother comes back"

"I'm leaving"raheenah was about to pick up her handbag to go out when ridwan grabbed the bag.

"Where are you going?"he asked, he remembered talking about her leaving the house if she can't tolerate maryam staying with them, he thought she was leaving.

"I told you that ruhainah is sick, I'm going to check up on her"she replied in a cold but unruffled voice.

"I will drop you"raheenah took her handbag and stepped out of the room, she walked quickly and entered the car.

"Heenah"ridwan shouted as he saw raheenah slam the door of her Mercedes Benz, before he could reach the car, raheenah was already gliding off.

"I don't want you to drop me, I don't even want to stay close to you right now and if anything happens to maryam, don't blame me for it"

With those words, she pressed a button and the electrically operated car Window glided up, shutting of the hot humid air outside and enveloping her in pleasantly air conditioned comfort.

As she sped along the magnificent road of abuja, her thoughts wandered back to ridwan. The conversation they had,she isn't stupid to leave her husband's house just like that, is not like she was happy about what he said and is not happy about it at all. She will deal with maryam herself, she will make her leave the house by herself, that's her plan.

Ridwan is still blinded with Muhibbah's good nature, he isn't seeing the real maryam, he is seeing his wife inside of her, that is why he is acting this way.

She won't let maryam take her place, she won't let her succeed in whatever she came to her house to do, never !

.