CHAPTER FORTY SIX

"Do you remember anything you told her that made her move her pinky finger?"the doctor enquired. The whole room was silent as everyone stared intensely at ridwan waiting for him to give an answer.

Ridwan sighed rubbing his face. He isn't even sure if he saw her move her finger or not. He can't even remember what he was saying to her because he was just talking randomly about everything and nothing.

"I don't remember Doctor,I was talking to her like you told me to that it will help. I'm not even sure"he gave his reply Whispering the last part to himself.

"Keep doing that it will really help. She is in the third week now and I'm 100 percent sure that she will wake up because this little movement is a big improvement. Keep me updated,I will take my leave"

"I will walk you out"ridwan offered and led the way with the doctor trailing behind him.

Reaching the door. Ridwan shook the doctor's hands warmly and smiled at him. "Thank you so much, doctor"

"I'm just doing my job"the doctor smiled back and left.

Ridwan locked the door and turned only to see his mother staring at him. He approached her and wrapped his arms around her.

She patted his back and pulled away. She gave him a slight nod and led him to one of the couch. She sat him down on it.

"Ridwan"she called softly not taking her eyes off her son. She is worried about everything,how her son is coping with this and all. "Everything will be fine my dear. With Every hardship comes ease. Be patient please and pull yourself together. I'm tired of seeing you like this ridwan, I'm tired of seeing cry all day and all night starving yourself. She needs your prayers the most right now. I know what is happening is hard on you but you have to eat and stop crying over it. You need to be there for her,she needs you the most right now"

He doesn't know if what his mother said is suppose to make him feel better or not but she made him feel more guilty of himself. For not able to be there for Raheenah always. He feel ashamed of himself. He is not even worthy of being her husband or even calling himself her husband. He isn't worthy of that.

He is living with that guilt inside of him. Will she ever forgive him ?.

How is she going to feel after waking up knowing that he is the cause for all her pain.

He couldn't understand her. His past was stopping him from doing that. Everything in life happens for the best.

Don't ever blame yourself or feel bad if something terrible happens to you because it happened for the best.

"Ridwan"his mother called pulling him out of his misery. She rose her eyebrows at him questionably and he shook his head. Wiping off the tears that escaped from his eyes.

"I know you are hungry,what do you feel like having. Whatever it is just mention it and I will prepare it for you"she stated smiling weakly at him.

"Seriously mom,I don't feel like eating anything. I'm not hungry"she pulled his left ear and he winced struggling to free his ears from his mother's grip.

"Don't you dare act stubborn with me ridwan"she released his ear and stood up.

"Okay mom. Prepare something light"she nodded and made her way to the kitchen.

He immediately started craving for indomie like a pregnant woman. He ran to the kitchen to inform his mother about it.

"Mom I want to have indomie"he stated grinning from ear to ear. She smiled at her son. This is her son. The cheerful son she gave birth to.

"But you've to help out"she mocked trying so hard not to laugh. Everyone knows how bad ridwan is at cooking and stuff.

"What do I have to do, ma'am"he asked and she smacked his head playfully. He shrugged and left the kitchen.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"Do you sincerely want to marry me or someone forced you?"she stared at him,her face held a blank expression.

She looked away and blinked allowing the tears to glide down her cheeks freely,she needed to let it out.

"I'm sorry if my question hurt you,please stop crying"Umar pleaded.

Maryam wiped off her tears and sat upright. She looked at Umar and said. "Yes"she took in a deep breath and continued. "And no. No one forced me to marry you,I agreed myself"

"And why is that?"he shot another question at her. To which she found rude. It was like he was ordering her to give him answer.

"The relationship I was in didn't work. I wanted to move on and forget about it"she lied with a straight face. "Enough with the interrogation now"

"I wasn't interrogating you. I was curious to find out why you acted that way earlier,I mean if my mother and Aunt didn't notice anything strange then I did so I wanted to find out"

"I don't think it concerns you. So please stay within your limit"she warned raising her voice at him.

"You realise that you are talking to your husband to be right?"

"Didn't you hear what you just said ' husband to be ' you are not yet my husband so don't ever question me like that"she sneered.

"You really should learn how to control that filthy mouth of yours"Umar warned taking aback by her speech. She looked too innocent to even say that to him,but she did.

"I think we are done here,I will get going now I've somewhere more important to be"she stated and before he could reply she was out of view.

She exhaled a deep breath and stopped a cab. She got in and told him the location and they zipped off to their destination.

She wanted to do what she should've done. Confessing her love to ridwan.

It is now or never....

Assalamu Alaikum.

Who also think we should stop Maryam from confessing her love to ridwan....

How do you think he is going to react ?...

hehe....

I wanted to make the chapter longer than this but I was busy,so please manage...byeeee !

Vote
Comment
Follow
And
Share

Ria♥️