Chapter 2-Information

Start from the beginning

"More like excited to be done with school and for the party after" I said laughing, I paused, "will Hannah be coming to the party?" I said pretending I had no idea they had broken up.

He sighed, "She may come to congratulate Sam and Danny, but she won't be coming with me, we broke up"  He leaned forward, getting close to the side of my face and whispered in my ear "But I'm pretty sure Sam already told you that."

I turned to face him with wide eyes, unable to hide my shock and at a loss of what to say. 

"I'm sorry I didn't-"

"It is so easy to make you squirm," he cut me off, a smirk on his face, devilish eyes and a slight laugh,  "so easy." He said as he tucked a piece of hair behind my ear and stood up to head to the garage. 

I felt my face get hot, I sat there with my hand touching my ear where he had just tucked my hair. "What was that" I thought silently to myself, he had never acted like that before, I was intimidated but also was not complaining. 

Jakes POV:

I looked out the window as Josh turned down our street, wondering who all would be at home when we arrived.  When I could see the driveway I noticed the families cars but also Sloan's car parked along with them.  I hadn't talked to her in months, or even seen her for that matter.  Before our trip she mostly avoided me whenever possible. I knew it was because she had feelings for me and I was taken.  That along with the fact that I poked fun at her and bothered her every chance I got.  I had to admit she did make me laugh with her witty comebacks and snarky remarks when I taunted her.   I had always kind of thought of her as just my brother's best friend, and nothing more.   

"Hey, looks like everyone is home!" Josh said excitedly, "Look even Sloan is here, I haven't seen her in so long, I can't wait".   

Josh and Sloan were pretty close, he would hang out with her, Sam, and Danny a lot.  But Josh got along with everyone he met, and we had known Sloan basically our whole lives.  I guess when I thought more about it, we had all been close at one point, even her and I before I had started dating Hannah.

"Are you going to tell her you and Hannah broke up?" Josh asked, like he could read my mind. 

"Why would I tell Sloan that.  I'm sure one of you will tell her for me" I scoffed motioning to josh and Sam as Josh pulled into the driveway and put the van in park.  

"You know she has feelings for you," Josh said, cocking his head to the side "And by the way you treat her, and give her a hard time, I'd be willing to bet you have feelings for her too." 

"You're delusional" I said annoyed as I opened the door to step out 

"Oh please. I'm your twin and I know your tactics better than anyone, its just how you are, maybe because you are awful at flirting." Josh said almost annoyed but smirking back at me. 

Did I have feelings for her? Was Josh right? I looked up from the back of the van to see Josh handing bags to Sam and Danny as they made their way inside. My eyes scanned the scene,  finally landing on Sloan standing in the garage, a Queen shirt on, with skinny jeans and vans. She was smiling, Josh had just embraced her in a hug and was now messing with her hair.  Her long hair was black now, I couldn't deny the fact that she was really pretty, and the black hair looked great on her.  I broke my gaze and made my way towards the house, throwing some luggage at Sam and laughing.   I made my way past Sloan giving her a nod and a simple "Hey Sloan".  She waved and smiled but said nothing.  I obviously still made her nervous, I smiled as I thought to myself.  I made my way inside to put my stuff down and go to the kitchen to say my hellos.  Everyone stood in there talking before dispersing to different areas of the house, leaving myself, Sam and my mom in the kitchen talking.  

"How are you doing Jakey?" my mom asked, wrapping me in a hug

"Good, the trip was fine." I said as I pulled away

My mom shot me a disappointed look, "You know good and well that's not what I meant." 

Sam started looking back and forth between our faces trying to figure out what was going on. 

"It was just time for it to end, mom." I said looking down at the ground, leaning back against the counter and crossing my arms, "We wanted different things, different paths." 

"You and Hannah broke up?" Sam asked surprised, having followed the context clues. 

"Yup" I said still looking at the ground

"Oh, I uh, I'm sorry to hear that" he rubbed my shoulder and then immediately made his way to the living room.  I realized he was probably going to tell Sloan, It didn't take Sam long to spread information.  

"Well, I am glad you are doing ok then," mom said, patting me on the back as I turned to go out of the kitchen. I wanted to see if my theory about Sam telling Sloan was correct.  I turned the corner to see Sam whispering to Sloan, her abruptly give him a jab to the ribs with her elbow.  I tried my best to not show a smile, I loved how nervous I made her.  This was going to be fun.