8.

Gasping, I woke up to Lilah's voice calling my name.

"Are you alright?" She asked, her face filled with worried. I looked around, my eyes wide, trying to process where I was.

What the hell?

"I...I- yeah, I'm alright," I told her with a small smile. It was hot here.

"Uh yeah right, you're 'alright', I just saw you crying in your sleep," Lilah remarked taking a seat on the bed, crossing her arms ready to interrogate me but I scooted away from her not in the mood to be touched or interrogated. I licked my lips, moistening them and trying to forget about the nightmare I just had.

"What," I didn't realise I was crying. I touched my cheek to find it damp so I quickly wiped off the tears and avoided Lilah stare.

I frantically got off the bed and stepped away from the bed, chills running through my spine.

"I just wanted to give you your phone back. He said you could have it." She sighed as I looked at her in surprise.

"What? Where is it?" I asked her walking back to the bed as she reached out in her maid's uniform's pocket and pulled out the thing I've been yearning for the last few days.

I snatched it away from her not bothering to say thank you or ask her why she decide to give it back and switched it on but it wasn't working. I frowned throwing it on the bed.

"Yeah, you probably wanna charge that, it's been two days." She said placing my charger on the bed beside the phone and standing up.

"Alright then, I have tons of work to do, if you want something, call me," Lilah said eyeing me suspiciously but leaving. I nodded at her, giving her a small smile as she left the room.

I quickly put my phone to charge and went to the bathroom. Glancing at the mirror, I scowled at my reflection. There were dark circles under my eyes and tear stains on my cheek. I looked like I had been crying for hours getting no sleep at all.

Probably did.

I had no memory of last night except for the fact that I kissed my kidnapper. I must have gotten drunk and come back tired. I looked at my lips to find them swollen and bright red.

"Oh my God, I kissed my kidnapper," I whispered touching my lips. I stared at them, my brain repeating those words.

Fuck, I kissed my kidnapper. And I liked it.

And we did way more than just kiss.

Fuck.

"Fuck," I whispered before brushing my teeth and scurrying to my phone which was filled with hundreds of messages and missed calls.

All of them were from Ashley and some were from Aiden. I dialled her number and right after the first ring, the phone was picked.

"YOU FUCKING BITCH WHERE ARE YOU?! I'VE BEEN CALLING YOU OVER AND OVER AGAIN! WHERE THE FUCK DID YOU DISAPPEAR TO? I SWEAR TO GOD AVI IF YOU DON'T TELL ME WHERE YOU ARE I WILL FUCKING-"

"Ash, I'm kidnapped," I mumbled into the phone not thinking about what I said. I heard pure silence on the other end. I wanted to reach out and hug her right now.

A sniff was heard and I gasped. "Ash, are you- are you crying?" I asked her. She was never the one to cry. Never cried, never begged except for food when I wouldn't give her my chips.

"Yes you bitch, I'm crying. Where are you? You've been gone for two days? Where the hell are you? I can't track your phone! I- I thought you were dead! You have to tell me where you are!" She shouted through the phone as I closed my eyes and tried to speak.

Ashley had never cried. And now, I was making her.

"I- I don't know, I fucked up," I whispered.

She had been worrying about me and here I was kissing my fucking kidnapper. I was drunk though.

"Ashley?" I asked her but there was no sound. Nothing.

"Fuck, Ashley can you hear me?!" I cried out as the call reconnected.

"Bitch - better - be back!" I heard Ashley's distorted voice scream as the line went dead.

"Fuck."

I threw a pillow across the room frustrated. Dropping on the bed, I groaned. Everything was shit in my life. I missed 2 days of college not that I cared but my grades were already sucky. I'm hardly good at anything. Getting into the college was fucking hard but I somehow got in.

Ashley was trying to find me and I was out here partying and getting drunk with strangers and kissing my kidnapper.

Why the hell did he even kidnap me?

I fiddled with the phone trying to think of what I could do. Runaway.

I could run away and all the armed guards in the house won't chase me.

So, I could try to call the police.

How could you bitch not think about that?! I mentally cursed myself while calling 911.

"911 what's your emergency?" A guys voice asked.

"Hello, I've been kidnapped, I don't know where I am, but there are guards here, all armed. I-"

"Do you know who kidnapped you?"

"No, I- I think his name is Valentine? Dimitri? Val? I don't know! I overheard some people talk and they were repeating that name! I don't know! Just come and help me-" I told the caller. But why would Lilah have given me back if she'd known I called the police?

"I'm sorry, there is no way we can help you. Have a nice day." The caller said and hung up. I just stared at the phone. Did 911 just hang up on me?

What the fuck just happened?

I heard a deep voice from behind me and found my kidnapper standing beside a slightly ajar door.

"That's not why I gave you back the phone amore." He said crossing his arms. I glared at him.

"Why did they hang up?" I asked him suspecting it was something to do with him.

He chuckled taking two steps forward me. "I have connections everywhere, tesoro. The police force knows me very well. We're best of friends."

Maybe that's why.

I stared at him as he took another step forward. As much as I wanted to go back, I stayed put.

"Who are you?" I asked him narrowing my eyes!

He was now close to me, his belt touching my hand and his breath hitting my face. He was damn tall, 6'2 maybe.

"Are you alright?" He asked me out of nowhere, not answering my question, his eyes filled with concern. I furrowed my brows and nodded. He was concerned?

"Why do you care?"

I was suddenly aware of how close he exactly was, his nose was almost touching mine and he was staring at my lips. I gazed into his hazel eyes, searching his face for something. Maybe a flicker of regret?

I couldn't stop myself from looking down slowly, to his lips. He leaned in, bending down a little as my lips began to tingle craving for his.

His hands snaked over my waist, holding me carefully but roughly. I let out a breath not realising I had been holding it.

"Because you're mine."

A sudden urge of anger passed through me at what he said and I was reminded of Ashley. I clutched the phone in my hand and he kissed me. His lips connected with mine as he bit down my lower lip. But I broke away from him. I pushed him hard.

A loud high-pitched sound was heard.

I looked at my kidnapper in front of me, his head was dropped to the side with a hand's mark on his left cheek.

My eyes widened.

Oh shit.

I had just slapped him.