Chapter 34: Take the bait, Damn you dragon

Comenzar desde el principio

She recalled the legend about the dragon that would grant your wish. The legend did not say anything about the dragon's appearance nor how it showed up. Litana knew her thoughts were probably wrong, but she could not help but become full of anticipation.

It was at that moment. Litana made eye contact with this man named Cale and could see him start to smile.

"I am not a dragon."

Ah.

She flinched as she let out a gasp. She could see the latter brushing back his wet hair that had fallen into his face.

"However, I do know the way in here."

"...How?"

Litana and her subordinates, who had no issues around the complicated and irrational Jungle, were lost in this forest. However, this man in front of them knew the way in here?

Seeing Litana's confusion on her face, Cale started to smile and answered back.

"this child is from the Cat tribe."

Cale petted On with a gentle gaze that seemed to fit the gaze of a saint.

"I happened to run into this child in the slums on a rainy day like this in the past."

He looked out the past. He seemed to be nostalgic about the day they met. On recalled that day as well and knew that it was not such a nostalgic moment. However, she kept her mouth shut and her tail started to shake with uncertainty.

"this child, On, can control the fog."

"What a rare power."

Litana thought about the fog covering Oorim and let out her admiration.

"It is. I learned about this place, while traveling out from my territory. I read in an ancient text that this place was controlled by the fog."

Litana turned her gaze from On to look back at Cale. She sensed elegance in his action and tone the longer she spent with him. He was definitely at least a noble.

"That was why I headed to this place with this child."

Cale's eyes started to sparkle by the fire. Litana and her subordinates could see it as well. Cale's calm yet passionate voice filled the cave.

"We came here because we thought that we could use our power to give hope to the people who lost their way, as well as their family members who are desperately waiting for them."

-... Are you not done with that?

Raon was mumbling to himself while On was just quietly wagging her tail.

Cale had a tiny smile on his face after seeing Litana's gaze starting to change.

"Thankfully, I was right. We were able to see the path once On controlled the fog."

He quickly explained the secret of the fog. He explained how it could make someone hallucinate and cause mana disturbance as well.

"I see."

Litana couldn't hide the bitterness in her heart.

"The legend... it probably does not exist."

If it was fog and mana disturbance, the legend about the dragon causing this was definitely a lie. Disappointment filled Litana and her subordinates' faces. However, at the same time, Litana thought it may be for the better.

It was a much better situation now than when she was debating whether she had to set this forest on fire.

"Then is it possible for us to ask you to guide us to the exit when you are leaving tomorrow?"