9 Rules for being Human Passed Down from Ancient Sanskrit

1. You are going to receive a body.

No matter if you love it or hate it, it is yours for life.

2. You are going to learn new lessons.

Life is a constant learning experience in which every day brings us chances to learn even more.

3. There are no mistakes, but only lessons.

Your development towards wisdom is actually a process of experimentations, as well as trials and errors. Compassion is the remedy for harsh judgment of our own actions and the actions of other people. Forgiveness is not just divine, but it is also 'the act of erasing an emotional debt.'

4. A lesson is repeated until it is completely learned.

Lessons repeat until learned. What manifests as problems and challenges, as well as irritations and frustrations, are more lessons. They are going to repeat until you see them as such and learn from them. Your own awareness, as well as your ability to change, are requisites of executing this rule. Blaming anyone or anything else for your misfortunes means an escape and denial; you yourself are responsible for yourself, and what occurs to you.

5. Learning lessons do not end ever.

While you are still alive, there are always some kinds of lessons to be learned. You should surrender to the 'rhythm of life' and don't struggle against it. You should be humble enough to always acknowledge your own weaknesses, and also be flexible enough so that you will adapt from what you may be accustomed to.

6. Other people are merely mirrors of you.

You love or hate something about some other person according to what love or hate about yourself. You should be tolerant and accept others as they are, and strive for clarity of self-awareness; strive to truly understand, as well as have an objective perception of your own self, your thoughts, and feelings.

7. It is up to you what you make out of your life.

You have all of those tools and resources that you need in life. What you do with them is up to you. You should take responsibility for yourself and learn to let go when you cannot change things. You should not be angry about things.

8. The answer lies inside of you.

You should trust your instincts, as well as your innermost feelings, no matter if you hear them as a little voice or a flash of inspiration.

9. Lastly, you are going to forget all this at birth as we are all born with all of these powers.

Our early experiences also lead us into a physical world, away from our spiritual selves, so that we become doubtful, cynical, as well as lacking belief and confidence. The rules are not some kind of commandment, but they are universal truths that apply to every one of us. When you lose your way, you should call upon them. Have faith in the strength of your spirit.

Writer: Unknown