"I- the shower- it just- cleaning."

He gave me a deadpan look then. "Simon, there really is no time and honestly, I would have cleaned up, okay, now Duncan is ready to throw a fit."

"I'm so sorry."

I made like the flash then and dried myself and completely ignored Emmett as I lotions my body, dropping my towel on his bedroom floor and quickly pulling on the trousers and shirt. After I realised how perfectly they fit, but I ignored the coincidence.

Turning around I saw Emmett whose eyebrows were raised and his face red. I blinked realising he probably hadn't moved. So then he definately saw my bare ass. I flushed and decided I was not going to acknowledge it.

"We should hurry." I had thrown my clothing into the laundry basket and paused at the door realising my soiled underwear was there too, I didn't want to bring attention to it so I decided that I can be mortified in the comfort of my bedroom.

We drove listening to Duncan's favourite song, which I was thankful Katya nor her dad minded. I glanced at Emmett every once in a while and he did the same, offering me a smile which I returned while trying to think what he could be thinking of.

When we got to the school Duncan didn't even wait for the car to fully stop. "hey!" I yelled after him in irritation and looked at Emmett. "I'm really sorry about that, he really just...wow." Emmett pursed his lips and knowing how strict he can be I felt myself cringe because he probably didn't like that.

Once he parked he and I got the packed baskets out of the trunk,when he did them I don't know if I'll find out but I set off to find Duncan who was jumping around looking at the cool slides and rise the school organised. It was a lot.

I took hold of the kids shoulder and crouched looking at him seriously. "You need to apologize."

He frowned. "For?"

"Jumping out of the car like that. Haven't you learnt how dangerous that is? And you could have seriously damaged his car, so you need to apologize." Duncan bit his lips and his brows drew in like he was mad and I growled softly. "I'm serious."

He let his lip go and sighed stomping his foot. "Or we will leave now." My eyes were wide and I made sure he understood,his face fell and I stood turning to bump into Emmett. "Oh, right, Emmet, Duncan has something to say."

The man raised a brow, his eyes seemed to spark with amusement and I rolled my eyes. "I'm sorry..." Duncan looked up at Emmett with a pout. "I just got too excited. It won't happen again." I ran my hand through his hair glad he said it and thankful that he meant it too.

"Thank you, Duncan, you're forgiven." Emmett offered him a smile and Duncan gave a shy one back.

"Can we go play now?" I looked around then and saw his teacher.

"Okay, were going to set up under a tree and find you after we see your teacher, okay?"

"Okay!" He grabbed Katya and ran off. I smiled and looked at Emmett who was so sexy it actually hurt.

We spoke to the teacher, signing in so they knew who was here and who wasn't and being given tokens for the rides as well. Then Emmet and I found a spot where we laid out the blanket and put the baskets on top.

"You think someone will steal?"

"Unless you brought money, shouldn't be a problem." He said and his arm went around me, squeezing my shoulder and I looked up at him before around us. Multiple parents were there having set up their own spots and chattering away and laughing as their kids played, a group of them watched us and I flushed wondering truly what was happening with Emmett.

The day was beautiful enough and hot enough that after entertaining our kids Emmett and I found our way at our spot, hungry and not caring to wait for our kids, figuring they'll find us when they do.

"So, what are you doing in two weeks?"

I looked up chewing slowly. "Mmm, not really sure, why?"

"My coworker's," he said going to take a bite of his hotdog. "Organising this welcome party for me, thought you might wanna join in."

"Oh, really? Are you sure? Won't this stop you from bonding with them?" He chuckled shaking his head.

"If anything, we've bonded enough," he rolled his eyes. "I figured you might wanna have some adult time? Alcohol, bad decisions." He wiggled his eyebrows and I laughed at how ridiculous that sounded.

"That sounds like teenage things."

"Oh, please, these things are so much better when your older."

"Sounds like your childhood was interesting."

"Join me and you might find out."

I grinned at him shaking my head. "I'd love to."

A\N
24 October 2021