CHAPTER 11

He was working on explaining more difficult math to the kids and I was watching from my place by the doorway. This time we were all at my house, Parker and Logan weren't home yet, having had plans of their own which really I suspected was them giving us some space.

Ridiculous, I know.

Emmett had his shirt rolled up to his forearm and I don't know what it is about the sight of his veins bulging that just had me completely enthralled by the sight but I was biting my lip, I had on this necklace my first mate had got me and I was playing with the star shaped pendant on its end, bringing it to my mouth as I watched Emmett.

It was like my hormones were out of control. I felt so warm and absolutely needy for some reas- "Dad," the hiss brought me out and I stood straight, dropping my hands to my side and looking at Duncan whose face was scrunched up and red, he made eyes as Katya and Emmett also looked me and finally it dawned on me.

I turned around hurriedly and ran. My son had caught my aroused scent and Emmett and Katya definately saw the boner. I went into my room closing the door gently and sighing as I tried to get my heart to calm down and my hormones to die down.

Today was a weird day.

By the time I'd gotten myself down, I was self conscious, constantly glancing at myself to make sure I didn't look inappropriate. I found myself in the kitchen trying to think about what everyone would like to eat and just start cooking.

"Hey," I jumped having been staring out my window and lost in my own concentration to think about anything but Emmett and his arms wrapping around me.

He raised a perfect brow, his arms on my counter and I couldn't help it, looking him all around I wondered, if he'd ever even consider me and I forced a smile.

"You hungry?" I held up a box I wasn't even reading. In my wondering about food I had grabbed the first box of whatever from the pantry, looking at it I was glad it was an easy make mac'n cheese box.

"Only if we add extra bacon." I grinned and looked away getting all the things we'd need to use from my side while he went to the fridge.

We worked in silence for a bit and it was nice. He didn't know just how absolutely racer my heart was and how hot it felt knowing he was in here and as I was setting the pot on the stove and turned I froze, Emmett took my arm and my breathe caught, I looked up at him and saw his brows furrowed as his eyes roamed over me.

"Are you coming down with something?" His hand was on my forehead and he frowned. "You're really warm, and sweating."

I moved around him nervously, "oh, I'm okay."

"I don't think so." I laughed and wiped my forehead, I really was sweating. "You should go lie down," he had both his hands on me and my heart lurched and a part of me twitched. His hands were so strong, rubbing on my arms, his voice gentle and soothing. "I'll get everything ready, go rest, I'll get you food soon and some medicine, it's probably just a cold."

I was looking at him and he was looking at me and it was as though time were stopped until he lead me to the living room and forced me down onto my back. How could I make him understand I wasn't sick, this was not illness, wolves barely got sick, how do I tell him it's my body wanting his body in ways he used to want his wife? Insert crying emoji here.

He came back a cloth wrapped around ice and put it on my forehead, I couldn't help it, I moaned and bit my lip because it felt good, the coolness of it was just so damned good my cock twitched again. When my eyes fluttered and I was panting, Emmett was staring at me, his brows raised and his cheeks dusted pink. I flushed and looked away.