CHAPTER 12

Katya wanted cookies and her father was not going to let her down. I was laughing at the mess because I had arrived after Katya called for back up, claiming that her father was making a mess of the kitchen over a simple cookie.

They were covered in flour and I wanted to think that it was a waste but it was just too adorable. They had already began the cleaning process and Duncan and I caught them in the middle of it.

"A mess."

"I know," Emmett sighed while Duncan laughed, taking my phone to take pictures, telling Katya that he would show her husband when they got older so he knew what a mess she was at life.

We laughed even harder at Katya shaking her head and sighing.

I dusted Emmett's hair more for the instinct to get it out but not really the practical aspect of succeeding.

I couldn't say what it was, but I was smiling, I felt lighter, it helped that I had jerked off five times before arriving here but, he was looking at me and I caught him. I stepped back. "Sorry, habit."

He only looked at me, if he was offended or didn't like it, it didn't show.

"Why don't Katya and I go clean ourselves, and we can try this again?"

"Please, my nose is beginning to hurt." The girl stomped off and I chuckled before turning to Emmett who didn't move but seemed a lot closer to me. His face full of white flour was amusing but his gaze somehow felt heavy, dark even and suspicious.

"I'll go clean up." His words were almost whispered and they left me breathless with the image of his naked chest, I had to slap myself and look at Duncan to calm down.

The kid was smirking at me. "let's clean, shall we." His face fell almost immediately.

"But I didn't do it."

"Yeah, yeah, but your going to want what we make after, may as well earn it." I pushed him into the kitchen as he groaned.

"I'm here, that should be enough." I laughed at him and we did what we could while the two got flour off their bodies.

Soon they joined us, casual comfortable clothing and damp hair, Emmett was smiling. He clapped his hands then looking at all of us. "I'm sorry, my dear, this time," he looked over at me. "We'll be more careful." He had looked back at his daughter who rolled her eyes.

I shook my head and we began with Katya reading instruction, appearently it was something Emmett had never had to make before and that's why they had opened a recipe book online.

We talked and laughed and I didn't miss the way his arm or should would brush up against me when we stood side by side following Katya's every word. Nor the way at some point he had been behind me, helping me knead the dough, his chest was in my back and I was helped only by the fact that there were children around.

Soon enough we were done and I was a hot mess but excited to have these cookies which were absolutely devine.

The kids went outside, Duncan wanting to lay on a picnic blanket as he ate them while Emmett and I cleaned up.

"Thank you for coming so short notice."

"I was actually kinda bored anyway."

"You didn't have work?"

I shook my head. "Got off early, felt a little off." His eyes took on concern as I wiped his plates and soon the man was in my face again, well, his chest was. He smelled so good, my eyes fluttered and I shook my head.

"Are you alright, do you need to lay down?"

"I'm fine. I took a nap and felt fine."

"Have you been taking the medicine?"