CHAPTER 9

"So you want me to babysit, not only Duncan, but Duncan's best friend?" Logan was squinting at me from his place on the couch, hand with a remote pointed at the TV and Parker was on the floor, large earphones on completely oblivious.

"Yes." I answered simply because anymore elaborations would only make him want more answers to questions that shouldn't even exist.

"Why?"

"Because as a good brother and a wonderful son you want your father to have friends and to be able to relax with said friends without thinking about the safety of their children." I glared at him then from my place by the stairs.

"No." He looked back at the TV like the conversation was over or didn't even happen, digging into his bag of chips.

"Logan!"

"Dad." He mimicked me but softer and abnoxious like.

"Please!"

"Can I get a part time job?" I paused and he looked over at me smirking and I blinked stunned.

The truth, was as plain and simple as can be, I loved being needed by him and he only ever needed money from me. The boy had never wanted for anything, never asked for much growing up and somehow it had always felt like I couldn't offer him anything unless it was money.

Teach him how to play a sport? Nope, he never nagged like his little brother's did about getting them a ball and helping them play. Help him fix a broken toy? Nope, he always manages to figure it out. Because of this, I could never really get mad at how he'd ask for money because it seemed the only thing I could really do for the entitled brat he was. Loveable nontheless.

I sighed then, folding my arms over my chest and looking at the door. "Fine." I said bitterly also thinking of what Emmett had told me.

"What?" Logan was stunned.

"You can get a part time job, but I swear if your grades drop I will kick you out!" I ran upstairs before he could answer me but wasn't fast enough because he caught my wrist.

"Who are you?"

"Your dad, incase you forgot!" I lifted my shirt to reveal my scar from having to be cut open so these brats could be born. "You gave me a gift coming out, remember?"

Logan cringed. "Dude, I know, you don't have to prove it." He raised his hands and sighed. "Are you serious?"

"Yes." I held the railing, tapping gently with my finger.

"Why?"

"What do you mean?" I growled. "You keep nagging about it anyway, and your old enough to make some of your decisions." I felt indifferent, avoiding his gaze. "You want it bad enough, so yeah, it'll teach you responsibility or whatever."

"Dad."

I couldn't not look at him then, his big brown eyes studied me and I flushed.

"What?"

Logan took another step and pulled me into his chest. He was bugging me, he smelled of chocolate chip cookies and vanilla, he was so warm that I buried myself in his embrace.

"Just... don't stop needing me." I sniffed then and he pulled away and smiled.

"I could never not need you, dad." I laughed and snorted before pushing him off.

"Your babysitting." I said finally turning away.

"It's like you forget I have a life." He grumbled but didn't argue, I smiled going into my room.

Tomorrow I had a date that was nothing of the sort.

Duncan was practically bouncing as Emmett stared Logan down with Katya in his arms. Parker was for once looking at the new arrivals with interest, his game paused just to bare witness.