2 - Liam

"Catch the fucking ball you idiot!" Mr. Matthews screams at some guy named Thomas, who just glared at me and walked back to the pitchers mound. He's kind of had it out for me since freshman year and I don't even know why.

I sigh, walking up to bat realizing that Thomas isn't gonna go easy on me, but then again he never does. Five years of baseball really pays off though, Thomas tries to strike me out but it never works, it just gets the ball to go back and hit him in the balls.

Chuckling, I begin to jog to first base while trying not to look at the pitchers mound.

"Liam Gregory Matthews!" The words make me stop running and slowly look over to the mound, smiling an innocent smile.

"Yes, dad?"

"Get your ass over here!" Taking my godforsaken time, I slowly walk over taking in the glare my father, or Mr. Matthews, gives me.

"How's your day going, dad? My day's going pretty good. I actually passed a test I thought I had failed, what about you?"

"Don't play with me or I'll smack that smile off your face." My eyes grow wide in mock horror. "Tell Thomas you're sorry right now, or I'm gonna bench you for tonights game."

"But I didn't mean to." I fake pout, trying to make it believable.

"Bullshit. Now get over there now and walk him to the nurse." I grumble and roll my eyes before walking over to Thomas. I mean, at least I get to miss some of gym.

"Lets go fix your balls."

@BlazingPug: I may have murdered someones balls.

I tweet while in the locker room before one of my football games. I knew that Chase would see it, and probably enjoy it.

@itschase: @BlazingPug wtf how??

@BlazingPug: @itschase Um, you "accidentally" hit a ball directly towards a guys balls.

@itschase: @BlazingPug: I'm assuming you enjoyed it

@BlazingPug: @itschase: Yes, yes I did and I'm proud of it.

DM with @itschase:

itschase: I really don't understand you

BlazingPug: I don't understand me either

itschase: why do you keep responding to my tweets

itschase: it's slightly annoying

BlazingPug: Once again, I think you're an interesting person.

itschase: whatever

BlazingPug: Don't whatever me you pretty pony.

itschase: you're fucking weird

BlazingPug: But in a good way.

itschase: sure you are

itschase: I don't even know you

BlazingPug: That is why you should get to know me.

itschase: no thanks

BlazingPug: Ah rude!

itschase: pretty much

BlazingPug: Whatever you pug.

itschase: I thought you were the pug??

BlazingPug: Ugh! I have to go. Bye!

Placing my phone in my locker, I grab my helmet and run out of the locker room towards the field.

The loud screams take over the calm night, making my head begin to pound and the adrenaline rush through my body.

This was what I lived for, not the playing but the recognition. Crowds were my friends. That may sound weird but it's true.

For me, being alone was overrated. I knew that no matter what I'd always have my dad, but he's only my dad. Fathers can only do so much.

Sure I've been in relationships before, but they lasted as long as it takes me to tie my shoes. Life's a little skeptical about making us feel wanted by the person we would, in a way, least expect it.

The whistle blows, getting my head back in the game.

No more distractions until after the game.