Chapter 31

Aaliyah pov

I am sad.

I feel lonely in this big home. Emmett is not here with me now. It's past twelve and he wasn't home yet. He has been doing this for two weeks now. And I feel sad about this.

Before he could come home, I would be sleeping of exhaustion. I try my best to stay awake till he comes back but I can't. In the morning, he would be busy with the cellphone all the time since he wakes up. Though he asks about my well being, I feel distant. I miss being in his arms. He hasn't hugged me or gave me a kiss for two days.

I miss him so much.

So I waited for him today. I was hugging the teddy bear looking at the cellphone on the nightstand. I was waiting for his call or message. But nothing.

Then I heard the bedroom door open. I looked at it and found tired looking Emmett came inside closing the door.

"You are still awake" he said removing his coat and then his shirt.

"Yeah" I said sitting on the bed facing him. He didn't bother to freshen up as he laid beside me closing his eyes. I looked at his face. He had dark circles under his eyes looking exhausted. I hate seeing him working beyond his strength.

"Emmett" I said. He hummed.

"You should stop working late nights. You will spoil your health" I said. He just hummed again.

"What happened lately? You look more stressed these days. Did something happen in the company" I asked. But he didn't reply. I shook his shoulder calling his name but he didn't reply. He was already asleep.

I sighed disappointed. I covered him with the sheets and placed his clothes back. I slept beside him turning away from him as I cried myself because it's been eleven months since we are married. I just wanted a wish from him. But he doesn't remember. He is getting back to the same Emmett I know when I married him.

He is not ignoring me but I feel empty. He was so caring. I can't explain how happy he has made me on my birthday. His gifts, kisses, our time together. I couldn't forget a second I spent with him. He was treating me so good, not that he is not now. But he is too busy to notice anything. I know something must have happened in the company or he wouldn't be working so hard as he is now.

I don't want that. I want him to share with me. I want him healthy and happy. But I don't know how to do that when we are not talking properly.

I slept off thinking about him.

*

I woke up hearing someone talking. I opened my eyes and found Emmett walking around dressing up as he talked in the cellphone.

"Yes. I want it ready by ten or I won't spare you" he said with seriousness. I sat up.

"Emmett" I called. He turned to me and gave me a weak smile. He came to me and kissed my forehead pulling his cellphone away from his ears.

"Good morning. I will be leaving now. I will have something for breakfast in my office okay. Don't worry" he said. Before I can say anything, he left.

I was feeling so sad than yesterday. I got out of the bed and went to bathroom. I took bath and got ready for the day with sweatpants and t-shirt. I was not in the mood to go work today so I started working in my studio.

The studio is completely new now. Modest. When we came back from my birthday party in the yacht. Emmett ordered some guys to redecorate it and I loved it instantly. It was painted in my favourite colour with more necessary materials. I kissed Emmett for making this.