Chapter 13

Aaliyah pov

I went into closet and changed my clothes into turtle neck top with black jeans.

I opened the closet door and looked for him. He wasn't there. I looked at the mirror. The hickeys were covered perfectly now. I bit my lips from smiling broadly. I don't know why, I am smiling stupidly since I left the room this morning.

Well this is good right. Atleast he is noticing my presence now.

I took my things and bag going out. I said goodbye to grandma and Nancy but not before they both teasing me. I went out and catched the bus which was about to leave.

I reached my office and started doing my work.

Afternoon went by with me recieving my lunch from Emmett's driver. Who's name I learnt as Davis. I stayed there for an hour and went home. I didn't want to leave El alone.

When I reached there, Eleanor was sitting at the backyard sipping her tea. She smiled when she saw me.

"Aaliyah darling, you came early" she asked. I sat beside her.

"I didn't want to leave you alone. So I thought to take rest of my day off and give you some company till you stay here" I said.

We both talked and stayed there few minutes. I even showed her my studio. At evening she suggested something.

"Aaliyah, it's been a while since I met your parents. Why don't we visit them today. It is okay with you" she asked. I nod my head.

We went to our parents home in her car. She always have a car waiting outside wherever she stays. I would always visit my parents once a week when I get time. Last week it was not possible, so as El suggested it. I couldn't resist. I really wanted to see them.

As soon as I saw mom, I hugged her tightly. El did the same. Dad still has not come back from his work.

I helped mom in the kitchen as we talked. El was saying some of her stories keeping us company. Soon dad came in. When he saw me, he hugged me. I melted in his arms. I really miss my parents and my mom's food.

I wanted to tell Emmett about our visit to my parents home and also wanted to ask whether he reached home and had his dinner. But I don't know how. El cellphone started ringing. She took it out of her purse and recieved it. I turned back to stir the food on the stove.

"Aaliyah" El called. I looked at her.

"It's for you" she said handing her cell to me. I took it and held to my ear. Mom took the spatula from me.

"Hello" I said.

"Why didn't you tell me" I heard at the other end of the cell. I know it's him. I quickly went out of the kitchen to a peaceful place.

"Tell you what" I asked slowly.

"That you went to your parents home. I was worried when I didn't find y...." he cleared his throat "find grandma home" he said.

"I wanted to tell you but I..... I don't have your number" I whispered. He went silent.

"You don't have my number. Why?" he asked. I bit my lips.

"I thought you...you wouldn't like having your number with me or to call you" I said playing at the end of my shirt. I heard him mumbling something.

"Did you have your dinner" I asked lowly. I heard him sigh.

"I will have it now. When both of you are coming back" he asked.

"After having dinner. You can come to dinner here" I said.