Chapter 25

Aaliyah pov

My whole day was good. I was happy doing my work cheerfully. I had placed the roses in my office and looked at it all day along.

I love white roses but Emmett giving it to me made me more happy.

I came home at my usual timing and made dinner. At eight thirty I got a message from Emmett saying he would be late today. So I waited for him to come home as I spent my time watching a movie.

At eleven thirty, I yawned and looked at the hallway. He hasn't come yet. Then I heard his car outside. I stood up from the couch and folded the blanket I took. I heard the main door close and Emmett passes the hallway walking straight into his office.

He didn't even see me in the living room. I went towards his office and opened the door. I looked inside and found him drinking whiskey sitting on the couch. He looked stressed about something. I went inside.

"Are you okay" I asked. He looked at me.

"You haven't slept yet" he asked. I shook my head.

"I was waiting for you. But are you okay, you looked stressed about something" I asked sitting beside him.

"Nothing, I am good" he said gulping the drink.

"You can tell me. I would..." he cut me off.

"Leave me alone. I don't want to talk to you right now" he said harshly. I was taken back from his sudden behaviour. I looked at him completely hurt. I looked away and got up to go out. But he took my hand and sighed.

"Hey. I am sorry. It's just..... I am not thinking straight now" he said. I didn't look at him. He pulled me softly back on the couch making me sit beside him.

"I lost a deal today. Everytime I loss a deal or loss important share, I feel I am letting down my parents" he said. I looked at him. He was looking down running his fingers in his hair. I tapped his shoulder, he looked at me. I pat my thigh saying him to sleep on it. He placed his head on my thigh and I started to give him a massage. He sighed and closed his eyes.

"I have learnt this since I started handling the company. I didn't get a good investor for my next project, so the deal was cancelled. So I feel frustrated that I am making everything wrong and no one would be proud of me. I feel I am letting down my father hard work" he said.

Why would he think that? It's just a small deal. I know he had handled many of this before. Why would he feel like that for a single deal.

"Now place your hand on you heart" I said. He did still with his closed eyes.

"Tell me, does really your parents think that you losing a single deal would make them unhappy" I asked. He didn't say anything.

"If you didn't get one, there are many more Emmett. Just losing a deal and not getting a investor means you are making any mistakes or you are letting them down. I am sure your parents are so proud of you for what you have become in your life. Even I am proud of what you have become. Losing a single deal doesn't make you any less from what you have achieved. Nobody knows what your efforts are than you"

"Believe in yourself. If you didn't get it today, think that there is another one tomorrow and that might me better than before. Actual speaking you were my inspiration" I said. He opened his eyes and looked at me surprised.

"You inspired me to work hard. I would read your article. And how you have hard worked to get in this position. When I and Seb started making our own shop. We had many failures. People didn't want to give us a chance because we were starters. But we didn't loose hope. We worked hard together and stood where we are today. We got a better deal than before and doing fine now" I said. He just looked at me.