Chapter 15

Aaliyah pov

I woke up completely surrounded by warmth and peace.

I slowly opened my eyes and met with skin and darkness around me. I pulled back a little and looked up. Emmett was sleeping peacefully beside me. I looked down and found his arm around my waist as I was cuddled up to him. I looked up at his face.

Am I dreaming? Yes, I must be dreaming because it is not possible for me to sleep beside him. Then I remembered, we were all watching the movie. I must have dozed off. But what was I doing on his bed.

I lifted my hand up and cupped his cheek. Slowly I caressed his cheek with my thumb and I felt his small stubble against my thumb. I lifted my hand little up into his hair. I played with his hair as I absorbed his beauty.

Yesterday I saw a different Emmett. What I saw was everything new. His laugh, smile, smirk, playfulness, teasing and so on, I can make a list. I think I fell in love once again. I really love this side of him.

Will I be able to see this again after grandma leaves?

Suddenly he pulled me more towards him and put his other arm under my head. I put my arm around him and placed my cheek on his bare shoulder hugging him.

It feels good to be in his arms. I want this forever.

Forever.

*

I am sure, I am very unlucky woman in this world.

It's a been almost a month. A month since I last saw him, heard anything from him.

I still remember that day. I expected to wake up beside him but he had woke up early and left home at six. He didn't tell anyone. I got a message from the security. I was so disappointed that day. Adding to that grandma left the same day.

That night I felt lonely. He didn't even come home that night. The next morning, I again got a message from security that he had went to a business trip. He came home at midnight when I fell asleep and packed his things up and left.

He left me all alone with no updates, nothing. I tried to call him but his cellphone was always switched off. I don't know how to contact him. I thought to ask Seb. But I don't want him to suspect anything about us. I act like, I talk to him and I am having my great life.

But no one know how my heart is hurting. How I am suffering without knowing his whereabouts. I would look for news. But there is nothing. I don't even know where he went. How he is? What he is doing? Is he seeing someone..... No, no. I should not think like that. He is my husband, I trust him.

I am completely devastated.

I thought he was giving me a chance. Remembering the day when he stayed home. How he interacted with me. How he let me sleep on his bed. I thought he was allowing me in. But I think about now, it all felt like a dream. It seemed like that day didn't even exist.

Then I realised, everything was a act. Sebastian and grandma was there, so he acted infront of them. To show that we are good about our marriage. He didn't want anything about us.

I sat down on the floor in the shower letting the cold water hit me, wetting my clothes I am wearing. I am just staring at the glass as tears ran down my face washing away with the water.

I don't know for how long I sat here.

Because of him, I can't concentrate at work or complete my work. I am always distracted, just always thinking about him.

Does he even remember me? Doesn't he feel like to talk to me? Doesn't he want to look at me? Did he ever felt anything for me? If he didn't want me, why can't he tell me? Why did he leave me hanging here?