Chapter 18 - Exploding Surprises

Sorry for the delay bubs. University is kicking me in the butt and I was too lazy to finish this ch. Again not sure when the next ch. will be published but will try to update as soon as possible.

-----

Nineteen years ago

Hizumi waited for Katsuki at the foot of the staircase of his home, her small hand gripping a black piece of cloth. She was giving herself a pep talk in her mind, convincing her that Katsuki wouldn't be upset with what she had planned today. Especially since to him, her twin, Izuku, wouldn't be interfering with their training.

She truly did feel bad for leaving him out of their quirk-related adventures. But she also felt a rush of adrenaline when hanging out with Katsuki that she'd never feel with her twin. Not when she'd always be too worried for his safety from her (sometimes) uncontrollable flames and Katsuki's small yet, impactful explosions.

She then heard the soft stomps of feet coming down the stairs in a rush.

"Zumi!" Katsuki exclaimed, jumping over her head with expertise. "What ya doin' sulkin'? We gotta train!"

She smiled, jumping up on her feet and bending forward so she was in his face. "I wanna do something different today." She whispered cheekily.

Katsuki flushed a light pink, blinking in mild surprise from her sudden close proximity. Then he scowled, jutting out his jaw and moving his face to the side. Like he'll let her get him flustered.

"What d'ya wanna do?" He asked grumpily, practically pouting at the prospect of having a change in plans.

She giggled; her Kacchan was always so cute looking when upset. "It's still training." she supplied, fiddling with the cloth as she showed it to him. "But you havta be blindfolded for me to show you."

Now he was fully frowning, his brows pinched in distaste as he glared at the offending garment. "I refuse." He bit through his words.

"But Kacchan-"

"I'm not wearin' it!" He snapped, crossing his arms in defiance.

She frowned slightly so, looking down as though she were about to cry.

He noticed, his eyes widening as he saw the tears pooling in her eyes much quicker than they usually do. With a click of his tongue, he snatched the cloth from her grasp and tied it around his eyes, effectively blinding him.

"There," he grumbled, blindly looking for her face and wiping the few tears that escaped. He scowled deeper. "I'm listenin' now, so stop cryin'."

He felt her smile and heard her giggle, both making him sigh in relief.

She moved her hands on his shoulders, turning him around and lightly pushing him. "Let's go!"

"Oi! Zumi! Don't push me like that!"

She only responded with giggles as she guided him through the streets.

He grumbled to himself, both curious and annoyed by her antics. Just what did she want to show him with his eyes blindfolded.

Suddenly, she halted and in turn halted him.

"What happened?!" He snapped. He hated being in the dark. Literally and figuratively.

Then she took off the obsidian cloth from his eyes, and he squinted from the harsh sunlight.

Then he noticed the wooden mannequin, the slight scorch marks on the arms and legs suggesting a certain someone with a fire-based quirk had already tested the durability.