Chapter 13 - Midoriyas

Hizumi was hiccupping into Katsuki's shoulder, her grip much more laxed compared to before, her chest lightly going up and down as she calmed down from sobbing. After confessing the haunting horror, the truth of her mother's death, a weight was lifted off her shoulders, the warm relief seeping into her skin and calming her senses.

She snuggled further in his chest, her voice croaking out in an embarrassing hoarseness. "I'm sorry for being such a meanie with you." She said in a pout, her face still hidden from his sight.

With pinched brows, Katsuki sighed, his arms squeezing her shoulders closer to him, his cheek on the top of her head. "Don't be dumbass, I'm glad I finally got ya back." He mumbled, sighing and poking the visible freckles on her skin. "When you plannin' on tellin' Deku?"

Hizumi tensed, her grip tightening slightly on his shirt. "I don't know yet... Soon, but... I don't know when to tell him. How to tell him."

He peeled himself off of her, one hand gripping her shoulder, the other tucking a loose strand of hair behind her ear.

"Ka- Kacchan?"

He furrowed his brows more, his frown deepening with more hesitation and sorrow. "You won't need to tell him." He cautiously murmured, his thumb caressing her cheekbone with the grim expression, all without meeting her eyes.

Her eyes widened, searching his expression for what he meant by that, and from the intense creases formed on his forehead, she knew. She knew that her brother heard it all.

"No," her voice just over a whisper, "no, no, no... he can't have heard that, he- he can't."

"Oi, Stop that." He bit, his hands cupping her jaw and forcing her to meet his eyes brimmed with anguish, his whispers so soft like cotton. "He doesn't blame you."

"You don't know that." Whimpers left her lips and tears welled in her eyes again.

"Idiot, I know him better than anyone" He sighed, his eyes shut closed as he hid them behind his bangs. "If anything he blames himself."

A tear streamed down her cheek, "He shouldn't." She breathed, "why would he?"

"For being useless." A beat. "He's a hero, and he couldn't save his family" He let his hands go, ruffling the back of his hair, looking to the side, refusing to let her peer in his conflicted vermillion orbs. "I'd blame myself if that happened to me." He mumbled.

"It's not his fault, he couldn't have," a hot huff left her lips, "he couldn't have known I was alive." She cried, angry tears dropped down as she glared at the floor.

"Then go tell him that." He plucked.

She peered up, expecting a solemn expression. Instead, she was met with a smirk brimmed with conviction and pride.

"Do you know where he is?" She asked, her voice pleading and small.

He ruffled her silk locks, murmuring like a small, narrow trickling creek.

"His favorite tree."

-----

"Hizuuuu! Where are yoooouuuu?!" A bush-haired five-year-old called out in the empty park, a contagious smile pushing up his freckled cheeks as he sought his sister.

Then he heard a sniffle behind the broad trunk of the sakura tree, the very one he'd meet up with Kacchan.

"Hizu?" He asked, worried for his dear twin. In a hurry he ran around the bark, and was met with Hizumi in tears.

She was holding her leg, the knee scabbed and coated in a thin coat of crimson, the rivers down her cheeks dripping from her chin and onto her bright red shirt. With pout, Izuku crouched down, blowing gently on the hurt knee, tears just on the brink of leaving his eyes at seeing his twin hurt.