Chapter 17 - Releasing the Heat of Anger

Sorry for the late post y'all. University stress was piling over and I didn't have enough time nor energy to work on this, but I finally got it together. No guarantee I'll be sticking to my weekly release for my books, but I'll try my best. Hope you guys like the chapter (not the best with action but I tried :)
Love u bubs <3

-----

Another nightmare plagued Hizumi's sleep.

The darkness infested deep within and started to engulf the light she so desperately held on to. A part of this inner war had to do with her distance from her twin, her other half, even when they lived under the same roof.

Their disconnect, their quarrels were taking a toll on her, the comfort she sought for years so close yet so far only hurt worse than the physical estrangement they had in the past. But her pride, her ego rivaling their ash blond friend's wouldn't let her confront her brother on the matter, wouldn't let her swallow her anger and accept defeat in this three-week long conflict.

So, she did what she knew best: train until she was left breathless and exhausted.

But her fire was barely doused by her sweat of hard work.

Her knuckles hit the red leather with a satisfying thud again and again, her second wrapping of bandages already leaking a few droplets of crimson.

She was so carried away with her relentless punching, she didn't notice the burly man enter the training room, didn't notice how he started his stretches on the mat behind her.

When she heard a grunt, she paused momentarily, her breaths echoing in the room mingling with the buzz of the air conditioning.

Before she could continue, a scarred hand held on her wrist. The man, her brother, was now by her side, his eyes gleaming with a conviction like hers. With a longing like hers.

He nodded his head to the padded mats; the same generic area where they had their first spar match almost two months ago.

With her arms flexed with the tension of her anger, she yanked herself out of his grip, treading to the other side of her mat. She kept a firm stance, her fists covering her face as she waited for him to reciprocate.

His lips tightened into a thin line only to kiss his teeth as he too stood tall and proud in front of her.

And like last time, with their twin telepathy in tow, they both leaped into the spar.

Hizumi punched first, her right hook aimed for his jaw.

Izuku easily saw through it, dodging it at the last second and blocking it with his left arm.

Then she crouched low, using her leg to sweep him off his feet.

He quickly jumped, kicking to aim for her jaw.

By a hair's distance, she avoided the tip of his foot, and grabbed his leg, pulling it to her.

With his balance toppling, he wobbled before twisting his body to do a push up, using his other leg to kick her face.

She moved her head just in time, but still got the brunt of the hit on her shoulder, forcing her hands on the floor behind her.

Having her at a weakness, he quickly jumped on his feet, a punch aimed for her jaw once more.

But that was exactly what Hizumi wanted. After all her momentary falter was a feint. She did a reverse cartwheel, kicking him straight in the jaw.

Izuku didn't have enough time to react to her sudden shift in demeanor and was well... kicked in the jaw. A few lone tears prickled through his lashes, but he recovered quick enough to punch her in the ribs right where her healed yet still tender wound was on her left side.