CHAPTER 17:SHADOWS WITH A PURPOSE.

POV:UNKNOWN.

Hm....

This wasn't easy. I sighed. Finding him from over thousands of world and tracking him down wasn't an easy job even for a god like me.

When I first retrieved his soul and formed a contract with him, I never thought he would be the real deal. To think that he had met all the requirements of the contract thereby fulfilling it.....

I am pleasantly surprised.

For me, it wasn't a shock that my contractor ended up losing his memories in the countless cycles of world hopping. Because he lost his memories, his sense of identity was diverted and thus....

He is a walking delusion right now.

I looked at my contractor. Or rather, he was an old acquaintance, well....we only met once and parted on the day we formed a contract. But still, I like him as a person.

Inside a resturant there he was.

Talking with two men.

His current appearance was far from what he originally looked. Compared to his real self, his current body looked like that of an adolescent boy.

I stared at the data in my hand.

"Zeke." I murmured. Such a astounding coincidence. To think that his current name was the same name that he used to have in that world.

His soul must have been through a lot. There were quite a few people who were able to retain their memory whilst doing their best to fulfill all the conditions of the contract but none of them were able to survive so far.

They all failed in the end.

While here was one. Who had fulfilled it all. Yet he has lost his memories. And became someone he wasn't.

"Hmm...." I pondered over it a bit. "Tsk. This is going to be a bit bothersome."

Even for a god like me, I shouldn't interfere too much with other worlds.
Well...I am actually a devil but for people like them, i am the embodiment of god.
Second chances don't come after you die. I, am able to give them the second chance they need desperately. That is why I am a God to them.

However, the contract has been fulfilled. And as much as I hate it I must do my part.

My eyes slanted around the dark alleys near the restaurant.

There was an obsessed shadow hiding in the alley, stalking his prey, planning for the feast.

His data was also in my hand right now.

I pinched my temple. Thinking hard.

I must hurry.

"Right. You look useful. Be at my service."

I waved my hand.

Setting everything in motion.

I pity you so the second chance that you begged to me with swollen sobbing eyes, I am giving it to you right from this moment.

"Zeke."

JUNTA'S POV:

WHO IS THAT DUDE?

I know Taro is his ex editor. But I don't know that tall guy.

What's with him getting all chummy with my Zeke.

Stalking without getting unnoticed, ain't that bad for someone like me.

I smirked.

I have been following Zeke quite for sometime.

Since my experiment with Bunny was done, all I needed was the perfect opportunity.

Of course, I could hire people for this kind of thing.

But with Zeke, I wanted to hunt him personally.

So far....I know he has some close friends.

My initial thought was to kidnap them and use them as hostages. But I have a better plan in my mind.

Tomorrow he will be visiting a bar like he does every weekend.

My trust only laid with the demon inside me. He tells me not to trust anyone but himself and me.

"Hehe." I smirked to myself, feeling the pleasure of my dream becoming a reality.

A dream that I see everytime I close my eyes. A dream where be begs while being held in my arms.

That dream was going to embrace me with open arms very soon. Even if those arms were to break, i will never let it slip away from my grasp.

Hehe!

Tsk. My eyes menaced when I saw that annoying tall dude leaning closer to my prey.

HOW DARE HE!!

A/N: Sorry guys. Was busy with test and stuff. So I couldn't update. Welp. This chap should have been shorter but I wrote more than I thought I would. Hopefully I will be able to update tomorrow too.