CHAPTER 5:A BOMB ON THE PLATE.

Once I heard a scream from upstairs I knew that guy was awake. So I walked up. As I got inside the room, the guy was sitting up on the bed.
I looked at this man named William. He was screening my profile with sullen eyes. I could tell this at least.

"You are finally awake." I spoke but he just stared at me.

"So you are a yakuza?" I asked him again. This time he gave some reaction to my words.
"I took the liberty of going through your stuff, so you don't need to be wary of me." I said as I took a seat next to the table.

"...."

He didn't say anything.

"Did you injure your mouth too?" I asked him deliberately.

He looked shocked at my words.
"No I didn't. And yes, I am a yakuza." He finally replied to me.

"Hm..." I hummed. His face doesn't look so pale anymore. Earlier I checked his pulse and temperature. It was normal. Given that he had slept for a day and a half, he should be relatively better. Not to mention I had made sure to take good care of him while he was unconscious.

"It's been a day and a half since you fainted. How do you feel right now?"

"I feel good." He replied to me as he touched his injury.

"Is that so? Then I take that as you leaving this evening." When I said this, he looked even more shocked.
"What? Don't tell me you intend to stay in a stranger's house for more?"
I had no intention of getting involved with a yakuza. I helped him even though he inconvenienced me by refusing to go to the hospital, dressed his wounds and gave him my bed, so, if he was all good he should walk out of my house.

William looked at me wide eyed. He went mute again for a while.

From the way his eyes were wavering I could tell that he was going to say something annoying.

"Can I stay here until tonight? I will leave tomorrow morning."

I saw that coming. Sigh. I got up from the chair. "Get down to eat."

As I walked down the stairs, I could feel his light footsteps behind me.

We sat down and ate in silence.

"It's delicious."

His comment made me smile. Of course. After all I was the one who made it. My meals are top notch because I have been a cook several times in my past lives.

Once we were done I told him sit on the sofa. Changing his bandages for one last time and taking his temperature, I was sure that he was okay enough to leave.
"You leave tomorrow." I wasn't going to have him here longer than that.

"Yes." He replied calmly. "And Thank you."

Took him long enough to say that. "Yeah sure."

Tomorrow he is going to leave, so I will be kind to him for now. Hospitality is not a hard thing to give.

Just as I was about to walk away, he tugged onto the hem of my shirt.
I raised my brow at him.
Then I saw this guy called William look up at me, with his hand still clinging onto my shirt.

"What is it?" I asked.

He moved his lips. But nothing came out. Then he let go of my shirt and murmured in a low voice.
"N...nothing. Just wanted to ask where the toilet is."

I knew that was a lie. But i wasn't going to bother myself to butter up to him. Pointing at the toilet door I left to do some table work.

Who knew that while we were having dinner together he would drop a fucking bomb onto the plate.

"I was stabbed by my wife while we had a fight."

A female's rage should never be underestimated. But to think that he was stabbed by the person he married, I wonder what kind of offence he had committed against her.

I kept silent. William resumed his meal again. Then his hands stopped.

"....." What now? I thought to myself.

"We have been married for two years. And I found out that she had been cheating on me with my best friend even before we got married."

Welp! That was a disgusting situation to be in.

Pov change: William's pov.

I don't know why I was sharing such a personal information with someone I just met. Maybe it was because he saved me or it was because I needed someone to talk about it that I ended up telling him of how I was betrayed by not only two people at once, but, betrayed by both my significant other, my wife and my significant half, my best friend.

Or maybe it was because I wanted someone to say the words I wanted to hear.

"It must be hard for you."

When my saviour said these words his voice sounded so soft and full of warmth.

I raised my eyes.

Then I saw it....

His eyes were leaking out a menacing aura.

The dark aura around him was a bit scary even to me, who was the boss of a huge yakuza organisation.