CHAPTER 12:NEMESIS

It's been a few weeks already since I sent bunny away to the police station.
Since then he hasn't come back to disturb me again.
On a side note, I noticed something this morning. The house next to mine is empty. I didn't even notice when my neighbours moved out. Well...its understandable given that I didn't really interact with my neighbours. And speaking honestly, I don't even remember them either.
Right now, as I was staring out of the window at the empty house, I don't know why but for some unknown reason I felt a foreboding feeling at the moment.

Ring. Ring.

When I looked at my phone, it was our chief editor. I frowned. He was probably going to force me to go out and eat with the rest of my colleagues.

"Hello? Zeke? Are you there?" Chief Cius asked me while on the line.

"Yes. I am." I replied.

"Come over to the company right now. We have something important to discuss." He said.

"Alright." I replied. I will always have the right to say no so I didn't mind going. Also, I have nothing to do right now.
Although I was indeed wondering what the issue was.

Just as I was about to start the car I got another phone call. This time it was my editor.

"Yes, Taro. I am on my way to the company." I answered.

"Zeke, are you going to agree to it?" Taro asked me.

"Agree with what?" I asked back. "The chief told me to come over. But he didn't tell me why."
When I said this there was a brief moment of silence on the line.

Then I heard Taro sigh. "Zeke, they are replacing someone else to be your editor."

What? "WHAT?" I yelled. Replace as in, change Taro and let someone else be my editor? "Taro, did you get fired or something?" I asked. Quite surprised by this piece of news.

"As if, you brat. I don't know why they are allowing a newbie to take over me. A few days ago the company offered me a deal to be SuYin's editor."

Then...."Ahh why did you not tell me about it? Also, Did you accept it?" I was getting annoyed and a bit angry too. My temper was starting to kick in.

"Oi! Don't go around making assumptions. When they offered me the deal they said they have talked to you, and that you have agreed to it." Taro refuted.

"So you accepted it?" I hissed at him through the phone. Yup. Now I was angry.

"Ah! How can you betray me like that? We have been partners for so long!! I didn't knew you were this kind of person!!" I yelled at Taro, unable to control my poisonous mouth.

"Hey you think I did it on purpose? You brat I...."

Thunk.

My phone bounced against the seat when I threw it away.
I was angry. No...I mean how could Taro be so careless and accept such an offer? Was it too tempting? Taro...I didn't expect him to be a person of such character... That bastard....

Whack!

I slapped myself on my cheek. "Zeke, oh Zeke! Let's cool your temper a bit and not jump to conclusions. Okay? Besides, I will see for myself once I reach the company." I calmed down my temper.
First things first, I was going to have a talk with our chief editor.

It didn't take much time for me to get there. Once I was inside I was guided to a room. Chief editor Cius was present in the room along with a complete stranger. He must be the so called replacement editor.
I scanned his profile. He was tall and pale. And his face was annoying for some reason.

Zing!!

When our eyes met, I felt an ominous feeling swelling inside my heart. What's this feeling?

"Zeke, you finally came. Meet Junta. Your new editor." Chief Cius introduced me to this person called Junta.

I glared at Chief Cius. Just as I was about to speak, something blocked my viewpoint.

"What are you doing?" I snapped at this tall man.

Junta had a bright smile on his face. "You are very short." He suddenly commented on my height.

"What?" I hissed.

"Perhaps the shortest height I have ever seen you possess." I heard him chuckle as he spoke to me, with a creepy smile on his face.

A chill ran down my spine when this man called Junta pulled me into a forceful embrace.

"Let's get along well from here on, former second male lead."

I froze. It was as if my body was turning into ice at the moment.

Then...

He pulled away and flashed a smile at me.

The same smile, smirking at me with ecstasy.....

This guy....

I shuddered.

He was my nemesis....wasn't he?